[rancid] Mikrotik slow exports
Michael W. Lucas
2011-12-08 17:22:46 UTC

I'm using rancid-2.3.3 on FreeBSD, along with mtrancid from
http://falz.net/static/rancid/mtrancid

The Mikrotik scripts are working erratically. I thought at first this
was because an "export" takes quite a while on my border device, but
it happens even when I run it against a single small 750 (called
"barn"). I can SSH to this small router just fine.

If I run "rancid-run -r barn" the log shows the usual "End of run not found."

Running mtlogin -d barn

%mtrancid -d barn
executing mtlogin -t 90 -c"system package print detail;system routerboard print;system license print;export" barn
PROMPT MATCH: ] >
HIT COMMAND:[***@MikroTik] > system package print detail
In SystemPackagePrintDetail: [***@MikroTik] > system package print detail

[considerable hang here]

barn: missed cmd(s): system license print,system routerboard print,export
barn: missed cmd(s): system license print,system routerboard print,export
barn: End of run not found
barn: End of run not found
#

Any suggestions on what's gone wrong here, or how to debug this?

Thanks,
==ml
--
Michael W. Lucas
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/
***@BlackHelicopters.org, Twitter @mwlauthor
john heasley
2011-12-08 17:34:27 UTC
Post by Michael W. Lucas
Hi,
[...]
grab rancid 2.3.7 and use
mtlogin -d -c 'commands;command;...'
to collect what the expect is really doing/waiting for.
Michael W. Lucas
2011-12-08 19:56:40 UTC
Post by john heasley
grab rancid 2.3.7 and use
mtlogin -d -c 'commands;command;...'
to collect what the expect is really doing/waiting for.
I'm probably missing the obvious, but:

I can't find 2.3.7 anywhere. The latest on the FTP site is 2.3.6, and
I don't see any links for public access to the dev repository. Can
you point me to the download/repo/whatever?

Thanks,
==ml
Baird, Josh
2011-12-08 19:59:23 UTC
Michael,

Are you using mtrancid with MT RouterOS 5.x?

Josh

Michael W. Lucas
2011-12-08 20:32:41 UTC
Yes. 5.4 and up.
Tim Warnock
2011-12-08 22:49:56 UTC
Any chance you're carrying bulk amounts of ipv4 routes?
john heasley
2011-12-08 20:06:19 UTC
Post by Michael W. Lucas
Post by john heasley
grab rancid 2.3.7 and use
mtlogin -d -c 'commands;command;...'
to collect what the expect is really doing/waiting for.
I can't find 2.3.7 anywhere. The latest on the FTP site is 2.3.6, and
I don't see any links for public access to the dev repository. Can
you point me to the download/repo/whatever?
sorry; 2.3.6 - have 2.3.7 on the brain; trying to wrap a few more patches
into it before packaging.
Michael W. Lucas
2011-12-09 15:45:09 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Michael W. Lucas
Post by john heasley
grab rancid 2.3.7 and use
mtlogin -d -c 'commands;command;...'
to collect what the expect is really doing/waiting for.
I can't find 2.3.7 anywhere. The latest on the FTP site is 2.3.6, and
I don't see any links for public access to the dev repository. Can
you point me to the download/repo/whatever?
sorry; 2.3.6 - have 2.3.7 on the brain; trying to wrap a few more patches
into it before packaging.
Upgraded to 2.3.6, added the mt* scripts, and everything seems to work
fine. I didn't know there were concerns with RouterOS 5, but even my
slow-exporting border routers go into CVS just fine with the newer
RANCID.

==ml