unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
My rancid.conf

rancid 2.3.6
# This file sets up the environment used for rancid. see rancid.conf(5)
#
# This will be site specific
#
TERM=3Dnetwork;export TERM
#
# Create files w/o world read/write/exec permissions, but read/exec
permissions
# for group.
umask 027
#
# Under BASEDIR (i.e.: --localstatedir), there will be a "logs" directory
for
# the logs from rancid and a directory for each group of routers defined in
# LIST_OF_GROUPS (below). In addition to these, there will be a "CVS"
# directory which is the cvs (or Subversion) repository.
#
# Use a full path (no sym-links) for BASEDIR.
#
TMPDIR=3D/tmp; export TMPDIR
# Be careful changing this, it affects CVSROOT below.
BASEDIR=3D/var/lib/rancid; export BASEDIR
PATH=3D/usr/lib/rancid/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin;
export PATH
# Location of the CVS/SVN repository. Be careful changing this.
CVSROOT=3D$BASEDIR/CVS; export CVSROOT
# Location of log files produced by rancid-run(1).
LOGDIR=3D$BASEDIR/logs; export LOGDIR
#
# Select which RCS system to use, "cvs" (default) or "svn". Do not change
# this after CVSROOT has been created with rancid-cvs. Changing between
these
# requires manual conversions.
RCSSYS=3Dcvs; export RCSSYS
#
# if ACLSORT is NO, access-lists will NOT be sorted.
#ACLSORT=3DYES; export ACLSORT
#
# if NOPIPE is set, temp files will be used instead of a cmd pipe during
# collection from the router(s).
#NOPIPE=3DYES; export NOPIPE
#
# FILTER_PWDS determines which passwords are filtered from configs by the
# value set (NO | YES | ALL). see rancid.conf(5).
#FILTER_PWDS=3DYES; export FILTER_PWDS
#
# if NOCOMMSTR is set, snmp community strings will be stripped from the
configs
#NOCOMMSTR=3DYES; export NOCOMMSTR
#
# How many times failed collections are retried (for each run) before
# giving up. Minimum: 1
#MAX_ROUNDS=3D4; export MAX_ROUNDS
#
# How many hours should pass before complaining about routers that
# can not be reached. The value should be greater than the number
# of hours between your rancid-run cron job. Default: 24
#OLDTIME=3D4; export OLDTIME
#
# How many hours should pass before complaining that a group's collection
# (the age of it's lock file) is hung.
#LOCKTIME=3D4; export LOCKTIME
#
# The number of devices to collect simultaneously.
PAR_COUNT=3D15; export PAR_COUNT
#
# list of rancid groups
#LIST_OF_GROUPS=3D"sl joebobisp"
# more groups...
#LIST_OF_GROUPS=3D"$LIST_OF_GROUPS noc billybobisp"
LIST_OF_GROUPS=3D"MVSNetwork"
# For each group, define a list of people to receive the diffs.
# in sendmail's /etc/aliases.
# rancid-group: joe,***@foo
# rancid-admin-group: hostmaster
# be sure to read ../README regarding aliases.
# If your MTA configuration is broken or you want mail to be forwarded to a
# domain not the same as the local one, define that domain here. "@" must
be
# included, as this is simply appended to the usual recipients. It is NOT
# appended to recipients specified in rancid-run's -m option.
#MAILDOMAIN=3D"@example.com"; export MAILDOMAIN
#
# By default, rancid mail is marked with precedence "bulk". This may be
# changed by setting the MAILHEADERS variable; for example no header by
setting
# it to "" or adding X- style headers. Individual headers must be
separated
# by a \n.
#MAILHEADERS=3D"Precedence: bulk"; export MAILHEADERS
I have had quite a time getting my HP Procurve switches to work with
=20
/usr/lib/rancid/bin/hlogin -f /var/lib/rancid/.cloginrc <device>
=20
=20
I get into the devices from the cli.
=20
When I just let rancid contact the devices on its own, then I get this
=20
The following routers have not been successfully contacted for
more than 24 hours.
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid 0 Sep 27 10:09 94.229.14.250
=20
On the other hand, when I look in my logs, the message is simply that
rancid couldn't login.
=20
(?!?!) clogin error: Error: Couldn't login
<device>: missed cmd(s): show stack,show module,show flash,show
version,show system-information,write term,show system information
=20
This is the eternal issue! Everytime I think I've got it: boom! Failure
You are running hlogin. rancid-run is launching clogin.
That is incorrect and is a data error. Please provide the exact line in
router.db for that device (make sure you check all your groups, you may
have it defined in two places); your complete rancid.conf; and whether
/var/lib/rancid/ truly is rancid's home directory per /etc/passwd
--=20
Alan McKinnon