[rancid] Netscreen firewall config
Mark Haney
2009-02-18 16:05:33 UTC
I've been dickering with this for a while now and no luck. I did a
search on the archives and found someone with a similar problem back in
2006 but no known resolution was posted. So I'm hoping someone here can
help.

I've got a Netscreen 25 that I want to backup with rancid, but I have
this problem when running nlogin:

Connected to erc-avl-fw2.net.ercbroadband.org (192.168.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
Remote Management Console
login: root
password:
erc-avl-fw2-> can't read "enable": no such variable
while executing
"if { $enable } {
if {[do_enable $enauser $enapasswd]} {
if { $do_command || $do_script } {
close; wait
continue
}
}
}"
("foreach" body line 66)
invoked from within
"foreach firewall [lrange $argv $i end] {
set firewall [string tolower $firewall]
send_user "$firewall\n"

set prompt ">"

# Figure out..."
(file "bin/nlogin" line 423)
***@chestnut:~$

It seems that nlogin is looking for a '#' which it'll never get since
it's 'enabled' on first login. I've tried 'autoenable' and 'noenable'
in the .cloginrc file and from the command line and neither work.

Any ideas?
quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
Bill Jacqmein
2009-02-18 23:57:44 UTC
Mark,

Im retrieving the configuration from NS25s without the same
issue. What version of Rancid are you using? Im currently running
rancid 2.3.2a7 without an issue.

Thanks,

Bill