[rancid] upgrade from 2.3.2a6 to 2.3.2a8
Peter Löthegård
2008-02-25 16:03:05 UTC
Hi

Can I replace specific files if I want to upgrade from 2.3.2a6 to 2.3.2a8 or
do i need to compile and install from scratch?

Regards
/Peter

------------------------------------
Lidero Network AB
Peter Lothegard
------------------------------------
Peter Lothegard
2008-03-11 06:02:05 UTC
BUMP

2008-03-11 06:28:38 UTC
Thanx,
I have not made any modifications, its a standard rancid install that
collects configs from my cisco routers.

If i make a new install is there a backup/restore procedure so I dont lose
my current configs?

Regards
/Peter

Lance Vermilion
2008-03-11 07:32:14 UTC
I haven't done it in a long while. But I think you can just move those
directories and then move them back.

John H. has answered this before in previous messages. I don't recall
off the top of my head.

-Lance
john heasley
Lance Vermilion

john heasley
2008-03-11 16:56:39 UTC
yes, there is nothing to do. no cvs/svn foo occurs during the install.
rancid-cvs creates, but only those that do not exist. your rancid.conf
will not (unless you're using a pkg system thats altered the scripts) be
overwritten.

The only things that have changed with cvs over time is
- svn added
- router.db added to cvs
- the default repository location moved to make linux people happier

all before 2.3
Lance Vermilion