[rancid] telnet to a different port
Jayaraj, Chandrasekaran
2007-06-28 13:13:18 UTC
Hi Friends ,

My environment demands that I need to telnet to a port other than 23 for
logging into a device . How do I change it in the clogin file in the
/usr/local/rancid home directory .

warm regards,
-----
Chandrasekaran J

-----

This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy this email
without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay,
interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.
john heasley
cloginrc(5)
Tiago Faro Pedroso
2007-06-28 13:52:31 UTC

add method <router name glob> {ssh} [{...}]
Defines, in order, the connection methods to use
for a device
from the set {ssh, telnet, rsh}. Method telnet
may have a
suffix, indicating an alternate TCP port, of the form
":port".

so, I think add method <router> telnet:<altport> should do it...

Regards

Tiago Faro Pedroso
Post by Jayaraj, Chandrasekaran
Hi Friends ,
My environment demands that I need to telnet to a port other than
23 for logging into a device . How do I change it in the clogin
file in the /usr/local/rancid home directory .
warm regards,
-------
Chandrasekaran J
-------