[rancid] Cisco TIMEOUT reached
Amy Eryilmaz
2010-09-02 16:44:00 UTC
Hi all - Login is successful (noenable is set to 1) but I get a TIMEOUT
error running commands against my Cisco IOS switch. Any ideas/suggestions?

So far, this appears to be happening only for those devices that I've set
"add noenable 10.0.10.1 1"

[***@linux-02 ~]$rancid/bin/clogin -c "show ver" 10.0.10.1
10.0.10.1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l netops 10.0.10.1
***@10.0.10.1's password:

10.0.10.1#
Error: TIMEOUT reached
[***@linux-02 ~]$

Thanks in advance.
Lee
2010-09-02 23:44:24 UTC
Post by Amy Eryilmaz
Hi all - Login is successful (noenable is set to 1) but I get a TIMEOUT
error running commands against my Cisco IOS switch. Any ideas/suggestions?
Get rid of the noenable or apply the patch from
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2010-August/005160.html

It's expecting a prompt of 10.0.10.1> and your prompt is 10.0.10.1#

Regards,