[rancid] problem with CSS order
Martin Björkman
2011-01-21 16:53:34 UTC
Hi!

I'm having a very interesting problem with my rancid installation. It works
really well for the other models but this one Cisco CSS11501 is giving me a
headache :)

Basically, the problem being is that it doesn't take much care in regards to
the order in which it presents the information within a VIP for example,
which means I will get a rancid mail every time looking much like this:

--
content XXX_S_CMS
vip address xx.xx.xx.xx

Thanks for all suggestions

Martin
john heasley
2011-01-21 18:26:45 UTC
Post by Martin Björkman
[...]
its occured a few times with specific IOS versions. its an error in the
nv generator and is often corrected when reported to the Cisco TAC. It
may already be corrected in a more recent version of the IOS for this
device. please check on that. the alternative is adding code to parse
configuration related to this "sub-config mode" and sort the contents.