[rancid] Support for the Cisco SF300
Morten Nielsen
2013-07-08 17:18:52 UTC
Does csbrancid support -d like regular rancid does? If so
csbrancid -d >hostname>
let it complete and a full log is left in the current directory. It
usually has enough info for you to figure out why it failed.
I werent even aware of this feature, but after testing it, I can say it does not.

Doing a -d using clogin I did get some more usefull info though, which corresponds wih my findings that it is an SSH issue between my rancid and the switch.
You downloaded a csblogin/csbrancid (which RANCID is using), but you
are testing using clogin (the regular Cisco version). To see what's
going on, try using the same login program RANCID is! :-)
bin/csblogin sg300-10p
It might be a start, at least...
I weren't aware of the csblogin thingie as I'm total linux newbie, but the issue is the same nonetheless.

I'm rather confused as I can log into the device using telnet using either "clogin" or "csblogin" either way.

After I asked the first question I found that it is propably some SSH issue between rancid and my switch, as it works fine using just telnet.
are they not using the usual IOS cli?
Not entirely. The commands are % 90+ but not all IOS.

My SG200 don't have any cli access at all, which is even worse.

Cli reference /adm guide.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3431571-112802/300%20series%20CLI%20firmware%201.1.pdf