[rancid] RADIUS with RANCID
Bruno Noronha
2009-08-14 20:34:27 UTC
Hi all,

I'm in trouble with RADIUS and RANCID. I did the right
configurations but when I try to connect to a 6513 Cisco switch, the
connection is established but it falls right after.
I used clogin to test the configuration, having success with a
6006 Cisco switch that does not use RADIUS.
I appreciate any help.

regards,

Bruno
Bruno Noronha
2009-08-16 14:48:12 UTC
Hi all,

I'm in trouble with RADIUS and RANCID. I did the right
configurations but when I try to connect to a 6513 Cisco switch, the
connection is established but it falls right after (time out).

Bruno
Lance Vermilion
alex
2009-08-16 08:28:49 UTC
Post by Bruno Noronha
I'm in trouble with RADIUS and RANCID. I did the right
configurations but when I try to connect to a 6513 Cisco switch, the
connection is established but it falls right after.
What happens? Does it appear to successfully log in, and then time out?

alexd
Bruno Noronha
2009-08-17 17:03:10 UTC
I solved the problem. I did not put "1" in the end of autoenable line.
And now I have the following error:

Getting missed routers: round 1.
X.X.X.X: missed cmd(s): write term all,show port ifindex,show module,dir
sup-$ ... ... ...
X.X.X.X: End of run not found

How can it happen? Does it really mean that these commands weren't found in
the Catalyst?

regards,

Bruno
Lance,
the RADIUS authentication process sends priv15. I don't need to
enable after login. So, I have inserted "add autoenable catalyst_name". But,
User Access Verification
Username: cisco
Fala comigo!!
DC_BHE_6513#
Error: TIMEOUT reached
As you can see, privileges are ok. I realized that it does not matter if I
use autoenable or not, the result is the same.
Alex,
as you can see above, it appears to work, but I receive time
out...
regards,
Bruno
Lance Vermilion
2009-08-17 17:33:24 UTC
The most import one to address first is the End of run not found.
run the following and that should get you more detailed info:
rancid -d <node>

-Lance