[rancid] Cienna / Lightning Edge
Willie Bollinger
2013-12-26 19:49:27 UTC
Has anybody had any luck getting rancid to work with Ciena Switches?
Willie Bollinger | 2975B Manchester Rd.| E-Mail: ***@qis.net
Quantum Internet Services| Manchester, MD 21102| Voice: 410-239-6920
Graham Beneke
2013-12-31 10:33:47 UTC
Post by Willie Bollinger
Has anybody had any luck getting rancid to work with Ciena Switches?
I'm also interested in collecting Ciena configs.

Was planning to try code up the bits required in the new year as I have
not yet found any sign that they exist already.
Graham Beneke
Daniel Schmidt
2014-05-08 18:58:16 UTC
Anybody ever finish Ciena support?
Post by Graham Beneke
Post by Willie Bollinger
Has anybody had any luck getting rancid to work with Ciena Switches?
I'm also interested in collecting Ciena configs.
Was planning to try code up the bits required in the new year as I have
not yet found any sign that they exist already.
--
Graham Beneke
of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.
Niels den Otter
2014-05-08 20:52:51 UTC
Hello Daniel,
Post by Daniel Schmidt
Anybody ever finish Ciena support?
What types of Ciena switches are you looking at? We use rancid
extensively for Ciena CESD (SAOS6 and SAOS7) devices.

-- Niels
Daniel Schmidt
2014-05-08 21:44:28 UTC
Thank you for your reply!

Don't know yet, haven't been told what kind of Ciena they will be. What
rancid device type do you use to get the config?

Hello Daniel,
Willie Bollinger
2014-05-12 09:28:46 UTC
we use 3942 and old 311's

Willie Bollinger | Quantum Internet and Telecommunications
410-239-6920 | 2975B Manchester Rd., Manchester, MD 21102
Daniel Schmidt
2014-05-15 16:03:32 UTC
Now, looky here folks:

https://code.google.com/p/vdxrancid/source/browse/trunk/rancid-fe?r=2

Look at them' rancid types 'thar' - 'cienarancid'. This seems to imply
that one "Nick Buraglio" has written, or at least was working on, Ciena
support.
Post by Willie Bollinger
we use 3942 and old 311's
Willie Bollinger | Quantum Internet and Telecommunications
410-239-6920 | 2975B Manchester Rd., Manchester, MD 21102
Alan McKinnon
2014-05-15 16:58:58 UTC
Post by Daniel Schmidt
https://code.google.com/p/vdxrancid/source/browse/trunk/rancid-fe?r=2
Look at them' rancid types 'thar' - 'cienarancid'. This seems to imply
that one "Nick Buraglio" has written, or at least was working on, Ciena
support.
Wow, you're miles ahead of me in this game. I'm still trying to figure
out what a Ciena even *is*

All I've got so far is "stuff what we don't use here where I work"

:-)
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com
Daniel Schmidt
2014-05-15 21:00:50 UTC
Ciena people - can somebody please test:
https://github.com/buraglio/cienarancid/blob/master/cienarancid

Let me know what changes we need. Perhaps Alan would be willing to help
because I t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶l̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ am no good at perl.

Willie Bollinger

Daniel Schmidt