[rancid] Motorola BSR1000
Marito ...
2012-01-12 20:00:48 UTC
Hi list,

I am trying to backup Motorla BSR 2000. I have modified the clogin and made a copy of the bsrrancid to retrieve the config (attached).
The issue is that I see some garbage at the "show running" section:

no ip unreachables
 ip ospf cost 10
!

ip pim border
 cable downstream 0 frequency 567000000
cable downstream 0 interleave-depth 8

Has anyone faced an issue like this ?
I am testing this on an Ubuntu 10.04 machine

Any tip on how to find out what the problem is, is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance !!!
Frank Bulk
2012-01-13 05:29:24 UTC
Contact me offlist if you want my "motorancid".

Frank

I am trying to backup Motorla BSR 2000. I have modified the clogin and made
a copy of the bsrrancid to retrieve the config (attached).
The issue is that I see some garbage at the "show running" section:

no ip unreachables
[K ip ospf cost 10
!

ip pim border
[K cable downstream 0 frequency 567000000

Thanks in advance !!!
Marito ...
2012-01-16 12:59:34 UTC
Dear all,

After digging for a while, I was able to get BSR 2K working.
Those characters, were matched at my bsrxlogin, and eliminated.

Then I made some test to make bsrrancid work with both BSR 64K & 2K, as when I tested it, it was failing because my 2K hung when page off was executed. So, I have assigned page on when it has to run 2K, and page off when running 64K, and seems to work fine.

BSR 2K needs login to get priviliges, so I have added login option at my .cloginrc.

This is my .cloginrc file for BSRx:

add user cmts.bsr64k.* backup
add password cmts.bsr64k.* <pass> <pass>
add method cmts.bsr64k.* telnet ssh1
add autoenable cmts.bsr64k.* 1
add noenable cmts.bsr64k.* 0

add user cmts.bsr2k.* backup
add password cmts.bsr2k.* <pass> <pass>
add loguser cmts.bsr2k.* backup
add method cmts.bsr2k.* telnet
add login cmts.bsr2k.* 1

Both scripts (attached), were modified from bsrlogin and bsrrancid

Hope this helps someone else.
Regards.