[rancid] Fortigate and Cisco VPN Concentrator Backup
Salim Surani
2008-11-25 07:06:54 UTC

Has anyone managed to use Rancid to backup Cisco VPN Concentrator and Fortigate configurations. Please guide with step by step instructions use Rancid to backup these devices.

Thank you and Regards
Salim
Lance Vermilion
2008-11-25 20:30:31 UTC
See this post for the vpn 3000 concentrator

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-October/001784.html

Hi,
Bill Jacqmein
2008-12-06 13:25:04 UTC
.clogin additions
add user <ipaddress> <username>
add userpassword <ipaddress> <password>
add method <ipaddress> scp

3rd line was the one I was missing and getting an error about no
method provide.

To test the plugin
./vpn3k -ftest.test <ipaddress>

setup wrancid
copy code for wrancid from below
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2005-November/001276.html

The only thing I havent been able to get working is the update for
rancid-fe for 2.3.2a7
Post by Lance Vermilion
See this post for the vpn 3000 concentrator
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-October/001784.html
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Salim Surani
Hi,
Jethro R Binks
2008-12-06 17:36:45 UTC
Post by Bill Jacqmein
The only thing I havent been able to get working is the update for
rancid-fe for 2.3.2a7
For the benefit of the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/wraprancid

Feedback welcome.