[rancid] Release Authorised RANCID Email Issue
Browne, Sean
2013-04-03 10:13:39 UTC
Hi all,

I have RANCID up and running with ViewVC for web CVS access.

It works great via the web interface but it is not sending emails when a change occurs.

The change appears in the web-interface but RANCID does not appear to try to send emails. (There is nothing in /var/log/maillog).

I CAN send test messages to and from the RANCID user on the RANCID (Centos) server and they arrive to my / the external email address.

The problem seems to be RANCID not attempting to send messages.

I have the following in my /etc/aliases file.

rancid: myemailaddress
rancid-group1: rancid
rancid-admin-group1: rancid
rancid-group2: rancid
rancid-admin-group2: rancid
rancid-group3: rancid
rancid-admin-group3: rancid

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Many thanks,

Sean Browne

This communication is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary or confidential information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and destroy this original communication without reading, copying or distributing any copies of it.
Boeing Defence UK Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered number 01290439).
Registered office 25 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0EX
Phone: +44-20-7930-5000
Tom Simpson
2013-04-03 11:21:04 UTC
<head>
</head>
Sent from my iPhone</div>
On Apr 3, 2013, at 6:14 AM, &quot;Browne, Sean&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:***@boeingdefence.co.uk">***@boeingdefence.co.uk</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<!--
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri}
{margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline}
span.EmailStyle17
{font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:windowtext}
.MsoChpDefault
{font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"}
@page WordSection1
{margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt}
div.WordSection1
{}
-->
<tbody>
<pre>This communication is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary or confidential information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and destroy this original communication without reading, copying or distributing any copies of it.
Boeing Defence UK Limited is registered in England and Wales (registered number 01290439).
Registered office 25 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0EX
Phone: &#43;44-20-7930-5000</pre>
</tbody>
<hr>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:<br>
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.<br>
Forcht Group IT, 2400 South Main Street, Corbin, Ky.<br>
Browne, Sean
2013-04-03 13:18:44 UTC
Heasley nailed it.

I found "/usr/libexec/rancid/control_rancid: line 503: sendmail: command not found"

So sendmail is not installed. Is there somewhere I can tell RANCID to use postfix instead?

Thanks a lot!

Sean Browne

Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:13:39AM +0100, Browne, Sean:
> Hi all,
>
> I have RANCID up and running with ViewVC for web CVS access.
>
> It works great via the web interface but it is not sending emails when a change occurs.
>
> The change appears in the web-interface but RANCID does not appear to try to send emails. (There is nothing in /var/log/maillog).
>
> I CAN send test messages to and from the RANCID user on the RANCID (Centos) server and they arrive to my / the external email address.
>
> The problem seems to be RANCID not attempting to send messages.
>
> I have the following in my /etc/aliases file.
>
> rancid: myemailaddress
> rancid-group1: rancid
> rancid-admin-group1: rancid
> rancid-group2: rancid
> rancid-admin-group2: rancid
> rancid-group3: rancid
> rancid-admin-group3: rancid
>
> Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

look at the log files for the groups. maybe it can't run sendmail.
Phone: +44-20-7930-5000
Tom Simpson
2013-04-03 13:20:32 UTC
You can make an alias for sendmail to postfix, it should already be there with CentOS.... What version of Cent are you running?
Thanks,

Tom Simpson
LAN/WAN Engineer
Forcht Group of Kentucky
859.259.9700 x538

"We all knew there was just one way to improve our odds for survival: train, train, train. Sometimes, if your training is properly intense it will kill you. More often -- much, much more often -- it will save your life." - Richard Marcinko, former US Navy SEAL Team Commander

Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 11:13:39AM +0100, Browne, Sean:
> Hi all,
>
> I have RANCID up and running with ViewVC for web CVS access.
>
> It works great via the web interface but it is not sending emails when a change occurs.
>
> The change appears in the web-interface but RANCID does not appear to try to send emails. (There is nothing in /var/log/maillog).
>
> I CAN send test messages to and from the RANCID user on the RANCID (Centos) server and they arrive to my / the external email address.
>
> The problem seems to be RANCID not attempting to send messages.
>
> I have the following in my /etc/aliases file.
>
> rancid: myemailaddress
> rancid-group1: rancid
> rancid-admin-group1: rancid
> rancid-group2: rancid
> rancid-admin-group2: rancid
> rancid-group3: rancid
> rancid-admin-group3: rancid
>
> Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

look at the log files for the groups. maybe it can't run sendmail.
This communication is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary or confidential information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and destroy this original communication without reading, copying or distributing any copies of it.

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

heasley
2013-04-03 13:24:41 UTC
Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 01:20:32PM +0000, Tom Simpson:
> You can make an alias for sendmail to postfix, it should already be there with CentOS.... What version of Cent are you running?

it should have installed that when postfix was installed; its a basic
requirement for compatibility with sendmail.

its probably that the path to sendmail (the binary from postfix) is missing
from PATH in rancid.conf.
Browne, Sean
2013-04-03 14:16:44 UTC
Thank you all. It started working after adding /usr/sbin/ to the path statement in rancid.conf

Sean Browne

Phone: +44-20-7930-5000
heasley
2013-04-03 19:28:47 UTC
Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 03:04:05PM -0400, Gilmour, Scott:
> Hi
> I have followed the directions at:
> http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid#.UVG_0BeG32t
> Now when I go to /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/configs and look in the
> config file the file is empty. How do I get it so I can see the
> configuration file present. Do I need to add something to the crontab
> file.

it must first collect sucessfully. look at the log files for errors, to
make sure that it is running successfully. otherwise, it might be a
configuration error with rancid.conf or the group's router.db files.

> I would like to have the script do a "show support" or "show config"

it doesnt support that. you can add it

i'm not answering that. look at the manpage.
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-03 20:04:46 UTC
Sorry I have been looking and I am missing something. I would greatly
appreciate any help you can offer.
I went to the /usr/local/rancid/bin rancid file and added this to the
@commandtable
{'show config' => 'WriteTerm'},
#Main
{'show controllers cbus' => 'ShowContCbus'},
{'show diagbus' => 'ShowDiagbus'},
{'show diag' => 'ShowDiag'},
{'show capture' => 'ShowCapture'}, # ASA/PIX
{'show module' => 'ShowModule'}, # cat 6500-ios
{'show spe version' => 'ShowSpeVersion'},
{'show c7200' => 'ShowC7200'},
{'show inventory raw' => 'ShowInventory'},
{'show vtp status' => 'ShowVTP'},
{'show vlan' => 'ShowVLAN'},
{'show vlan-switch' => 'ShowVLAN'},
{'show debug' => 'ShowDebug'},
{'show shun' => 'ShowShun'}, # ASA/PIX
{'more system:running-config' => 'WriteTerm'}, # ASA/PIX
{'show running-config view full'=> 'WriteTerm'}, # workaround for
# role-based CLI
{'show running-config' => 'WriteTerm'},
{'show config' => 'WriteTerm'},
{'write term' => 'WriteTerm'},
);
Thanks
Scott

--

Scott Gilmour | SQA Engineer

Enterasys Networks | A Siemens Enterprise Communications Company

Office: (603) 952-5924

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-04 14:02:26 UTC
I am looking in the /usr/local/rancid/var/logs/networking.... file and I
am seeing this error could not read /root/.cloginrc no such file or
directory.
How can I correct this? I believe this is why I am not seeing anything in
the config files.
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Scott

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Hinote, Scotty (MSFC-IS40)[NICS]
2013-04-04 14:17:45 UTC
Hi Scott,

You should be executing the rancid-run command as the rancid user and not as root. The error message states that it cannot find a .cloginrc file in root's directory. You can su - rancid then execute rancid-run which should successfully backup your devices or produce another error in the logs.

Regards,
Scotty

Ryan West
2013-04-04 14:18:51 UTC
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 10:02:26, Gilmour, Scott wrote:
> Subject: Re: [rancid] Release Authorised RANCID Email Issue
>
> Hi,
> I am looking in the /usr/local/rancid/var/logs/networking.... file and
> I am seeing this error could not read /root/.cloginrc no such file or directory.
> How can I correct this? I believe this is why I am not seeing
> anything in the config files.
> Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Scott

Did you create a user, maybe rancid for example, that is owner of /usr/local/rancid? Try crontab -e from the user rancid and see if you get better results. .cloginrc lives in the home directory of the user who ran it. Since you're running it from root, that's where it's checking.

-ryan
Ryan West
2013-04-04 18:26:13 UTC
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 13:26:15, Gilmour, Scott wrote:
> Subject: Re: [rancid] Release Authorised RANCID Email Issue
>
> Hi,
> I tried that and still having issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Still debugging.
>
> ***@FreeRadius:~$ su - rancid
>
> Password:
>
> $ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-run
>
> you have mail
>
> $
>
> /usr/local/rancid/var/logs
>
> starting: Thu Apr 4 13:04:27 EDT 2013
>
> comm: routers.up: Permission denied
>
> comm: /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/routers.up: Permission denied

Chown -R rancid.netadm /usr/local/rancid as root. You missed step 11.

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid#Rancid_Installation

RANCID / Linux are being pretty descriptive as to what the problem is.

-ryan
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-05 00:13:33 UTC
Hi All,
I feel I am getting closer. Here is the output I have in the
/usr/local/rancid/var/logs/networking.... file
plus when I go to /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/configs I see the files
such as 192.168.150.1 but the config files are totally empty.
Thanks again for everyones help,
Scott

starting: Thu Apr 4 20:00:40 EDT 2013

Trying to get all of the configs.

192.168.200.4: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime

192.168.200.4: End of run not found

192.168.200.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime

192.168.200.1: End of run not found

!

!

192.168.150.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime

192.168.150.1: End of run not found

!

=====================================

Getting missed routers: round 1.

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Marito ...
2013-04-05 00:53:38 UTC
Hi Scott,
Were you able to successfuly login the devices using the rancid scripts?I mean, for example, if you set up the device 192.168.200.4 as a cisco, execute clogin -c 'system show hardware; system show version; system show active-config; system show uptime' 192.168.200.4 (take into account that the "clogin" script depends on your device vendor).Verify that the config in router.db is according to your device vendor.Other thing you can check, is that the user you configured at .cloginrc has enough privileges to execute the commands (I deal with this problem today :-( ).Hope you could make it working !!!
RegardsMario
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:13:33 -0400
From: ***@enterasys.com
To: ***@zyedge.com
CC: rancid-***@shrubbery.net

Hi All,I feel I am getting closer. Here is the output I have in the /usr/local/rancid/var/logs/networking.... file

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Ryan West
2013-04-05 05:38:44 UTC

As someone else already mentioned, clogin <host> to see if you can login. Sounds like the user/pass is incorrect now.
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-05 12:14:19 UTC
Yes I can do for example bin/clogin -c 'show config' 192.168.150.1 and
that logs in without any issue.
If I do a bin/rancid-run that is where my issue is occurring. I am
debugging the script to see if there is something I need to edit in the
script.
Thanks
Scott

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Ryan West
2013-04-05 13:37:22 UTC

Try rancid -d 192.168.150.1 and post that. What's in your logs when you try rancid-run?
Ryan West
2013-04-05 14:32:52 UTC

Login to your box as the rancid user and fix your PATH in .bashrc. Need to include /usr/local/rancid/bin in your path.
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-05 14:59:44 UTC
Ryan I was looking online to see how to add the path to the .bashrc and I
want to make sure this is correct since there are a few different versions
of how to do this. Would I need to add it like this to the end of the
bashrc file under Alias Definitions?

if [ -d /usr/local/rancid/bin ]; then
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/rancid/bin
fi

or would I just add it this way

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/rancid/bin

Thanks for all your help,

Scott

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Aaron Dudek
2013-04-05 15:30:27 UTC
Use the 2nd one

Roy
2013-04-05 15:07:51 UTC
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Have you thought about hiring some help?&nbsp; You seem to be a newbie
to both Linux and rancid.&nbsp; That is not a good combination.<br>
On 4/5/2013 7:59 AM, Gilmour, Scott wrote:<br>
cite="mid:***@mail.gmail.com"
type="cite">
path to the .bashrc and I want to make sure this is correct
since there are a few different versions of how to do this.
&nbsp;Would I need to add it like this to the &nbsp;end of the bashrc file
under Alias Definitions?
<pre>Thanks for all your help,</pre>
<pre>Scott</pre>
West <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:***@zyedge.com" target="_blank">***@zyedge.com</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br>
.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On Fri,
Apr 05, 2013 at 10:28:11, Gilmour, Scott wrote:<br>
&gt; Subject: Re: [rancid] Release Authorised RANCID Email
Issue<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Ryan,<br>
&gt; Here is the output:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; $ bin/rancid -d 192.168.150.1<br>
&gt; executing clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show redundancy
secondary;show<br>
&gt; idprom backplane;show install active;show env all;show
rsp chassis-<br>
&gt; info;show gsr chassis;show diag chassis-info;show
boot;show<br>
&gt; bootvar;show variables boot;show flash;dir /all
nvram:;dir /all<br>
&gt; bootflash:;dir /all slot0:;dir /all disk0:;dir /all
slot1:;dir /all<br>
&gt; disk1:;dir /all slot2:;dir /all disk2:;dir /all
harddisk:;dir /all<br>
&gt; harddiska:;dir /all harddiskb:;dir /all
sup-bootdisk:;dir /all<br>
&gt; sup-bootflash:;dir /all sup-microcode:;dir /all
slavenvram:;dir /all<br>
&gt; slavebootflash:;dir /all slaveslot0:;dir /all
slavedisk0:;dir /all<br>
&gt; slaveslot1:;dir /all slavedisk1:;dir /all
slaveslot2:;dir /all<br>
&gt; slavedisk2:;dir /all slavesup- bootflash:;dir /all
sec-nvram:;dir /all<br>
&gt; sec-bootflash:;dir /all sec-slot0:;dir /all
sec-disk0:;dir /all<br>
&gt; sec-slot1:;dir /all sec-disk1:;dir /all sec-slot2:;dir
/all sec-<br>
&gt; disk2:;show controllers;show config;show controllers
cbus;show<br>
&gt; diagbus;show diag;show capture;show module;show spe
version;show<br>
&gt; c7200;show inventory raw;show vtp status;show vlan;show<br>
&gt; vlan-switch;show debug;show shun;more
system:running-config;show<br>
&gt; running-config view full;show running-config;show
config;write term"<br>
&gt; 192.168.150.1<br>
&gt; sh: 1: clogin: not found<br>
Login to your box as the rancid user and fix your PATH in
.bashrc. &nbsp;Need to include /usr/local/rancid/bin in your
path.<br>
-- <br>
size="3"><font face="Calibri">Enterasys Networks | A
style="COLOR:blue"><a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="mailto:***@enterasys.com" target="_blank"><font
<pre wrap="">_______________________________________________
Rancid-discuss mailing list
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Rancid-***@shrubbery.net">Rancid-***@shrubbery.net</a>
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-05 14:28:11 UTC
[...]

192.168.150.1: missed cmd(s): dir /all slavedisk2:,show rsp
chassis-info,show capture,dir /all sec-slot2:,show diag,dir /all
disk1:,show gsr chassis,dir /all sec-nvram:,show diag chassis-info,dir /all
disk2:,show running-config view full,dir /all sec-bootflash:,show spe
version,dir /all slaveslot2:,dir /all disk0:,show install active,show
bootvar,dir /all slaveslot0:,dir /all sec-slot1:,dir /all harddiska:,dir
/all slavenvram:,show flash,dir /all sec-disk2:,dir /all
slavesup-bootflash:,dir /all sec-disk0:,dir /all harddiskb:,show variables
boot,show boot,show inventory raw,dir /all slavedisk1:,show env all,show
module,show shun,show controllers,show diagbus,more
system:running-config,dir /all slavedisk0:,show debug,show idprom
backplane,dir /all bootflash:,dir /all sup-bootdisk:,dir /all
sec-slot0:,show config,dir /all sec-disk1:,write term,show vtp status,dir
/all sup-bootflash:,dir /all slot2:,dir /all harddisk:,dir /all slot0:,dir
/all sup-microcode:,show vlan,dir /all slavebootflash:,show controllers
cbus,dir /all slaveslot1:,dir /all nvram:,show version,show
vlan-switch,show redundancy secondary,show running-config,show c7200,dir
/all slot1:
[...]

Starting rancid-run
bin/rancid-run
/usr/local/rancid/var/logs/networking.20130405.102327

starting: Fri Apr 5 10:23:27 EDT 2013

[...]
Getting missed routers: round 2.
192.168.150.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.150.1: End of run not found
192.168.200.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.1: End of run not found
192.168.200.4: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.4: End of run not found
!
!
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
192.168.150.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.150.1: End of run not found
192.168.200.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.1: End of run not found
192.168.200.4: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.4: End of run not found
!
!
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.
192.168.200.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.1: End of run not found
192.168.200.4: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.4: End of run not found
!
192.168.150.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.150.1: End of run not found
!
!

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs

ending: Fri Apr 5 10:23:28 EDT 2013

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Marito ...
2013-04-05 16:00:11 UTC
Scott,

Please check in your router.db which vendor you setup. As per your log file , the script is trying to execute "system show XXXX", while the rancid script executes "show XXXX".

I think you are using the rivrancid/rivlogin scripts for this devices. Instead of using clogin, try rivlogin -c 'system show XXXX' 192.168.150.1 (where XXXX is your comand)

Regards.
Mario

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 10:28:11 -0400
From: ***@enterasys.com
To: ***@zyedge.com
CC: rancid-***@shrubbery.net

[...]

192.168.200.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show version,system show active-config,system show uptime
192.168.200.1: End of run not found
192.168.150.1: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show version,system show active-config,system show uptime

Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-11 14:38:33 UTC
When I run bin/clogin 192.168.150.1 I can log into my Enterasys Switch.
Since I am using an Enterasys Switch I should be using rivlogin since this
is what rancid-run will use for my vendor.
But when I run rivlogin I get:
$ bin/rivlogin 192.168.150.1
192.168.150.1
ERROR: no enable password found for 192.168.150.1 in
/usr/local/rancid/.cloginrc.
$

My Understanding if I do add autoenable 192.168.150.1 1 then the 1 would
tell the script not to use the enable password. Or is there something in
the script I need to change?
When I finally run the rancid-run I will edited the rivlogin script to do
just a show config or show config all.

# Rancid .cloginrc setup
add user 192.168.150.1 tacacssu
add password 192.168.150.1 tacacs
add autoenable 192.168.150.1 1
add method 192.168.150.1 ssh

Thanks
Scott

Email: ***@enterasys.com
heasley
2013-04-11 14:47:53 UTC
Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:38:33AM -0400, Gilmour, Scott:
> Hi,
> When I run bin/clogin 192.168.150.1 I can log into my Enterasys Switch.
> Since I am using an Enterasys Switch I should be using rivlogin since this
> is what rancid-run will use for my vendor.
> But when I run rivlogin I get:
> $ bin/rivlogin 192.168.150.1
> 192.168.150.1
> ERROR: no enable password found for 192.168.150.1 in
> /usr/local/rancid/.cloginrc.
> $
>
> My Understanding if I do add autoenable 192.168.150.1 1 then the 1 would
> tell the script not to use the enable password. Or is there something in
> the script I need to change?
> When I finally run the rancid-run I will edited the rivlogin script to do
> just a show config or show config all.
>
> # Rancid .cloginrc setup
> add user 192.168.150.1 tacacssu
> add password 192.168.150.1 tacacs
> add autoenable 192.168.150.1 1
> add method 192.168.150.1 ssh

that script was written by guys from enterasys; it does not support autoenable
like the other scripts. looking at the code, i suspect that if you just
change the line to

add password 192.168.150.1 {tacacs} {}

it will work.

Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-11 15:35:22 UTC
Thanks Heasley,
Now it is just Timing out when getting to the Username Prompt
Username:
Username:ERROR: Timeout on login Exiting

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-11 21:43:24 UTC
Heasley,
I am still having issue with the Username Error after attempting to modify
the rivlogin script.
I was wondering if when I am running these scripts if there is any
debugging that will allow me to
see where the script is failing?
Thanks for your help,
Scott

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-04 17:26:15 UTC
[...]

# Rancid user's crontab file

#

# Run config differ logs

*/5 * * * * /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-run

# Clean out configs differ logs

50 23 * * * /usr/bin/find /usr/local/rancid/var/logs -type f -mtime +2
-exec rm$

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Gilmour, Scott
2013-04-03 19:04:05 UTC
Hi
I have followed the directions at:
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid#.UVG_0BeG32t
Now when I go to /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/configs and look in the
config file the file is empty. How do I get it so I can see the
configuration file present. Do I need to add something to the crontab
file. I would like to have the script do a "show support" or "show config"

Email: ***@enterasys.com
Thomas Vachon
2013-04-03 13:23:02 UTC
It works natively for us on postfix.

# See man 5 aliases for format
postmaster: root
rancid-admin-networking: rancid-networking
rancid-networking: noc
noc: ***@example.com

/etc/postfix/main.cf
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases