[rancid] ACE Appliance
Todd Heide
2015-04-22 20:46:24 UTC
Does Rancid back up ACE and WLC?
Andrew Brennan
2015-04-23 16:55:08 UTC
I cobbled together a wrapper that is little more than an autoexpect script
that was dropped into my RANCID environment to backup my ACE configs. I'm
guessing that it would also work for WLCs, but don't have any here to test
with to be sure. Expect script logs into the ACE, grabs a list of context
names and loops thru using "invoke context $CTXT show running-config" and
appending the output to a single file.

My code isn't pretty, but it's been running for a couple years without me
needing to go back and fix anything (yet).

You're welcome to use it, reference it, print it out and throw darts, etc.

andrew.
heasley
2015-04-23 18:20:28 UTC
Post by Andrew Brennan
I cobbled together a wrapper that is little more than an autoexpect script
that was dropped into my RANCID environment to backup my ACE configs. I'm
guessing that it would also work for WLCs, but don't have any here to test
with to be sure. Expect script logs into the ACE, grabs a list of context
names and loops thru using "invoke context $CTXT show running-config" and
appending the output to a single file.
i have no ACEs, but looking at the cisco propoganda, it smells like an AGM.
perhaps that works (see router.db(5))?
Dan Anderson
Dan
heasley
2015-04-23 18:17:16 UTC
Post by Todd Heide
Does Rancid back up ACE and WLC?
the wlc support was pulled into rancid 3.2 & some improvements are in
alpha/3.2.99.