[rancid] Rancid : consulting about Blade switch
Jethro R Binks
2011-06-23 08:17:06 UTC
add userprompt 1.1.1.1 {"Enter tacacs username:"} rancid
add password 1.1.1.1 rancidpassword enablepassword
add method * telnet ssh
1.1.1.1:hp:up
Why did you specify "hp" there, when it is apparently cisco-ish?
./clogin 1.1.1.1
If clogin works, set router.db instead to read:

1.1.1.1:cisco:up

and see what happens then.

Jethro.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.
Unfortunately still no backup config inside the group , as opposed to the backup config of cisco product.
2011-06-23 07:07:11 UTC
The ios is like a cisco switch,here follow the config added for blade :

Inside .cloginrc :

add userprompt 1.1.1.1 {"Enter tacacs username:"} rancid
add password 1.1.1.1 rancidpassword enablepassword

add method * telnet ssh

Inside router.db :

1.1.1.1:hp:up

I have tested with the clogin and I can connect it correctly :

./clogin 1.1.1.1

Mobile: +39 3408440699
Schibuola, Raimi
2011-06-23 13:09:16 UTC
I just before have change it to cisco ,but see empty the config in the the group.

***@ubuntu: ls -altr | grep 1.1.1.1
-rw-r----- 1 rancid rancid 0 2011-06-23 12:01 1.1.1.1

There is something config to customize only for BLADE.

Mobile: +39 3408440699
Jethro R Binks
2011-06-27 10:16:51 UTC
Have you something like that?
I suggest you run something like:

env NOPIPE=YES PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/libexec/rancid rancid -d 1.1.1.1

replacing the rancid directory in the path as required.

Then you should get two files, 1.1.1.1.new and 1.1.1.1.raw. The .raw one
will show how far rancid managed to get.

Jethro.

Mobile: +39 3408440699
Schibuola, Raimi
2011-06-27 10:11:37 UTC