[rancid] Help on backing up Cisco ASA / ACE with Multiple Contexts!!
Sreekanth K
2008-12-19 05:16:50 UTC
Dear All,

Has any one succeeded in backing up Cisco ASA / ACE with Multiple Contexts.

When i try to do the same I am able to backup only the Admin Context. Any
idea how to backup other contexts ?

Best Regards
K Sreekanth
Michael Stefaniuc
2008-12-19 09:35:58 UTC
Hello,
Post by Sreekanth K
Has any one succeeded in backing up Cisco ASA / ACE with Multiple Contexts.
When i try to do the same I am able to backup only the Admin Context. Any
idea how to backup other contexts ?
easiest if all the contexts have their own IP: you can backup then each
context separately.

bye
michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Werner Knoblich
Sreekanth K
09941914363
Daniel Tuecks
2008-12-19 20:35:39 UTC
Hi all,

I have a similar problem. I'd (still) like to backup various contexts of my
firewall service modules (FWSM) and I too can only access the admin
context...

so long
Daniel
Post by Sreekanth K
True.. But Unfortunate that I cannot do that due to organisation policy
restrictions :(
Sam Munzani
2008-12-19 14:30:29 UTC
That's the approach I take. Usually we need to monitor each context so
our management station needs to reach each context directly anyway. So
rancid just ssh to each context individually and treat them as separate
devices.

sam
michael
N***@guesswho.com
2008-12-19 14:39:43 UTC
As do I
.though I modified the script to also look for FT (fault tolerance) changes so I know if a failover occurred. This has already notified me a two pretty large bugs in the ACE code.

Nick

michael
Michael Stefaniuc
2008-12-19 15:25:28 UTC
Hello Nick,
As do I….though I modified the script to also look for FT (fault tolerance) changes so I know if a failover occurred. This has already notified me a two pretty large bugs in the ACE code.
would you mind sharing your FT changes? I for one would be interested in
those.

thanks
bye
michael
Werner Knoblich
N***@guesswho.com
2008-12-19 16:30:14 UTC
Michael,
I did this a while ago so I apologize it if isn't the cleanest but here is the file I use for the ace contexts. All I care about is the configuration changes and the ft status. This tells me the last time a failover occurred via the "show ft group detail" command.
Nick

Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 9:30 AM
To: Michael Stefaniuc
That's the approach I take. Usually we need to monitor each context so our management station needs to reach each context directly anyway. So rancid just ssh to each context individually and treat them as separate devices.
sam
Hello,
Has any one succeeded in backing up Cisco ASA / ACE with Multiple Contexts.
When i try to do the same I am able to backup only the Admin Context. Any
idea how to backup other contexts ?
easiest if all the contexts have their own IP: you can backup then each
context separately.
--
Michael Stefaniuc Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei Muenchen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
GeschÀftsfÌhrer: Brendan Lane, Charlie Peters, Michael Cunningham,
Werner Knoblich