[rancid] Urancid missed cmd(s): sort /tmp/system.cfg
Mathieu P
2016-09-15 05:47:40 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to backup my Ubiquiti AirOS devices with rancid on Centos 6. I edited rancid-fe and downloaded urancid from https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git/tree/master/bin

ulogin and clogin are working properly.

Example:

./clogin -f ../.cloginrc -c "sort /tmp/system.cfg" 192.168.251.21

192.168.251.21

spawn ssh -x -l BW-Admin 192.168.251.21

BW-***@192.168.251.21's password:

KM ,ok0KNWW

KM :NMMMMMMMM

KM .. WMMMMMMMMM

KM KM WMMMMMMMMM

KM KM WMMMMMMMMM

KM KM .. WMMMMMMMMM

KM .. KM WMMMMMMMMM

KM KM KM WMMMMMMMMM

KMNXWM KM WMMMMMMMMK

KMMMMMKONM WMMMMMMMW

KMMMMMMMMM WMMMMMMM x

lMMMMMMMMM WMMMMMN xK

MMMMMMMMMl ,WMMMP dXM:

lMMMMMMMMx . ,,,aaadXMMd

lNMMMMMMW: XOxolcclodOKMMMMWc

lXMMMMMNc lMMMMMMMMMMMMNo.

llONMMM0c lMMMMMMNOo'

'lMN;. lMWl'

[...]

wpasupplicant.profile.1.network.1.psk=***@t4MYM@(#!^

wpasupplicant.status=disabled

XM.v5.6.8#exit

Connection to 192.168.251.21 closed.

So it connects properly to my test device and provide the output

Same result for ulogin.

However when I try to launch urancid:

[***@localhost bin]$ ./urancid -f ../.cloginrc 192.168.251.21

../.cloginrc: missed cmd(s): sort /tmp/system.cfg

../.cloginrc: End of run not found

#
heasley
2016-09-15 15:43:32 UTC
Post by Mathieu P
Hello,
I am trying to backup my Ubiquiti AirOS devices with rancid on Centos 6. I edited rancid-fe and downloaded urancid from https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git/tree/master/bin
../.cloginrc: missed cmd(s): sort /tmp/system.cfg
../.cloginrc: End of run not found
#
when this occurs, the most likely problem is that the function handling
the preceeding command ate more of the output than it should have.
Mathieu Ploton
2016-09-15 16:31:36 UTC
The problem is that the output comes too fast.

With clogin, I have to wait a few sec for the ssh connection to be
authentified.
With urancid, the error message comes instantly. So it does not even try to
connect.
heasley
2016-09-15 21:10:17 UTC
Post by Mathieu P
Post by Mathieu P
Hello,
I am trying to backup my Ubiquiti AirOS devices with rancid on Centos 6.
I edited rancid-fe and downloaded urancid from
https://github.com/dotwaffle/rancid-git/tree/master/bin
-f arg is probably not what you think it is.
Mathieu Ploton
2016-09-16 03:30:11 UTC
This is what it does without:

[***@localhost bin]# ./urancid 192.168.251.21
192.168.251.21 /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin error: Error: password file
(/root/.cloginrc) does not exist
192.168.251.21: missed cmd(s): sort /tmp/system.cfg
192.168.251.21: End of run not found

So I believe -f is being used by clogin properly.
Post by Mathieu P
Post by Mathieu Ploton
The problem is that the output comes too fast.
With clogin, I have to wait a few sec for the ssh connection to be
authentified.
With urancid, the error message comes instantly. So it does not even try
Post by Mathieu Ploton
connect.
Roy
2016-09-16 05:04:11 UTC
Mathieu Ploton
2016-09-16 05:41:05 UTC
Problem is solved. It looks like it was a dumb problem of environment
variable...
What UBNT device is it?
Post by Mathieu P
Post by Mathieu Ploton
The problem is that the output comes too fast.
With clogin, I have to wait a few sec for the ssh connection to be
authentified.
With urancid, the error message comes instantly. So it does not even
try to
Post by Mathieu Ploton
connect.
heasley
2016-09-16 16:34:23 UTC
Post by Mathieu Ploton
192.168.251.21 /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin error: Error: password file
(/root/.cloginrc) does not exist
192.168.251.21: missed cmd(s): sort /tmp/system.cfg
192.168.251.21: End of run not found
So I believe -f is being used by clogin properly.
no, the -f *login is not the same as the -f to *rancid. .cloginrc should
located in ~.
Post by Mathieu Ploton
Post by Mathieu P
Post by Mathieu Ploton
The problem is that the output comes too fast.
With clogin, I have to wait a few sec for the ssh connection to be
authentified.
With urancid, the error message comes instantly. So it does not even try
Post by Mathieu Ploton
connect.