[rancid] Any good way to search a keyword in the rancid-discuss archive?
Sam Munzani
2008-02-18 04:56:55 UTC

I am looking for Cisco ACE modules backup. I know there was a discussion
on this topic but going through the archive files one at a time would be
tedious. Is there a trick to search keyword ACE through all archives and
find matching posts?

Thanks,
Sam
Steve Snodgrass
2008-02-18 05:00:38 UTC
Hi,
http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/search.html
--
Steve Snodgrass * ***@pheran.com * Network/Security/Linux/Perl Geek
"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind." -Sister Hazel
Dale Shaw
2008-02-18 05:12:47 UTC
Hi Sam,
Post by Sam Munzani
Hi,
I am looking for Cisco ACE modules backup. I know there was a discussion
on this topic but going through the archive files one at a time would be
tedious. Is there a trick to search keyword ACE through all archives and
find matching posts?
How about Googling for:

cisco ACE site:shrubbery.net inurl:rancid-discuss

(doesn't return many hits, but the method seems sound enough)

cheers,
Dale
Sam Munzani
2008-02-19 18:12:44 UTC
Dale,

Thanks for the google tip. I didn't find much useful things on ACE but
using the syntax you provided, I searched many other things on google
for my other projects :-)

Thanks again,
Sam
Post by Dale Shaw
Hi Sam,
Hi,
Dale
Jeffrey Ollie
2008-02-18 05:21:37 UTC
Post by Sam Munzani
I am looking for Cisco ACE modules backup. I know there was a discussion
on this topic but going through the archive files one at a time would be
tedious. Is there a trick to search keyword ACE through all archives and
find matching posts?
Google is thy friend. Use "+site:shrubbery.net" as one of your search
terms in Google and it will only return results for shrubbery.net:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bsite%3Ashrubbery.net+ACE

Jeff