[rancid] Rancid enable problem
Michael
2012-05-24 15:01:00 UTC
Hy Guy’s,

I have a really crazy Problem with Rancid on Ubuntu,
I have now ca. 70 Devices in my cloginrc file
from simple switch to ASA Firewalls everything runs perfekt.
Now I have added another ASA5510.
I try to login with clogin IP and I could log
in, but the enable command doesn’t come.
In my Rancid logs I see the following:

missed cmd(s): write term,show redundancy secondary
End of run not found
!DEBUG: ^

My cloginrc entry for this device looks like the following:
add password 193.186.1.2 {userpw} {enablepw}
add autoenable 193.186.1.2 1

I don’t understand whats going on here, this
is the only Device that doesn’t work.

I hope somebody help me
Ryan West
2012-05-24 15:14:06 UTC
Set autoenable to 0

Sent from handheld

Adam Korab
2012-05-24 16:45:05 UTC
And as always remember that the first match in cloginrc wins, so make
sure you place the autoenable statement in the right place for the
given device.

--Adam
--
Adam Korab

michael schnatterer
2012-05-25 06:25:31 UTC
Hy Guy's,

Thanks for the answers.
I try to set the autoenable value to 0 with the same success...
Yes it looks for me also, that the device doesn't have autoenable, but how could i resolve the problem?
Maybe you could tell me,I'am a rancid newbie sorry.

Where should i place the autoenable command?

Thanks and best regards

________________________________

Ryan West
2012-05-25 13:26:06 UTC
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 02:25:31, michael schnatterer wrote:
> Subject: Re: [rancid] Rancid enable problem
>
> Hy Guy's,
>
> Thanks for the answers.
> I try to set the autoenable value to 0 with the same success...
> Yes it looks for me also, that the device doesn't have autoenable, but
> how could i resolve the problem?
> Maybe you could tell me,I'am a rancid newbie sorry.
>
> Where should i place the autoenable command?

Here's an example of a typical ASA for me:

# AEI Firewalls
add user customer-fw* username
add password customer-fw* {password} {password}
add autoenable custom
michael schnatterer
2012-05-29 06:47:51 UTC
Hy Guy's

Thanks for your help, but it wouldn't work...
I tried with clogin -autoenable 193.186.1.2 but the enable command doesn't come.
I tried to write the add autoenable 193.186.1.2 1 or 0 on the top of my cloginrc, without success.

I'am a little bit frustrated about the problem :(

have anybody any other idea?

Realy thanks for every help

________________________________
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 02:25:31, michael schnatterer wrote:
> Subject: Re: [rancid] Rancid enable problem
>
> Hy Guy's,
>
> Thanks for the answers.
> I try to set the autoenable value to 0 with the same success...
> Yes it looks for me also, that the device doesn't have autoenable, but
> how could i resolve the problem?
> Maybe you could tell me,I'am a rancid newbie sorry.
>
> Where should i place the autoenable command?

Here's an example of a typical ASA for me:

# AEI Firewalls
add user customer-fw*          username
add password customer-fw*      {password}    {password}
add autoenable customer-fw*    0
add method customer-fw*                ssh
Ryan West
2012-05-29 11:56:26 UTC

When you login to the device manually with the RANCID username, what exactly do you type? Is it {username}, followed by {password}, then enable, followed by the same {password}?
michael schnatterer
2012-05-29 12:46:50 UTC
In this case i have an other username as RANCID, but this username is entered in the cloginrc too.

add user 193.186.1.2 {User}
I login with the User and a password, after that i write enable and enter an other password as the first one.

Thanks

________________________________

Ryan West

michael schnatterer
2012-05-29 14:38:36 UTC
.cloginrc

add user user1 {password}
add user * {rancid}

#Firewall
add password 193.186.1.2 {userpassword} {enablepassword}
add autoenable 193.186.1.2 1 or 0

add method * {ssh} {telnet}

Thats it, how i said in my further post on every asa firewall work this config

Best regards and thanks

________________________________

Ryan West
2012-05-29 15:42:52 UTC
The autoenable should be set to 0 for your config.

-ryan

michael schnatterer
2012-05-30 14:07:26 UTC
Hy,
Thanks for your Reply,

But i have tried 0 and 1 already...

________________________________

michael schnatterer
2012-05-31 13:24:57 UTC
Hy,
Here is my Output:

***@srv01: /home/rancid/bin/clogin -c show version "hostname"

version
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid version
ssh: Could not resolve hostname version: Name or service not known

Error: Couldn't login: version
"hostname"
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l "User" "hostname"
"user"@"hostnames" password:
#######ASA Firewall ########
ASA-FW>
ASA-FW> termin terminal length 0
          ^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
ERROR: Command authorization failed
ASA-FW>show
INFO: % Type "show ?" for a list of
subcommands
ASA-FW> exit

________________________________

Ryan West

michael schnatterer
2012-06-06 13:28:27 UTC
Hy Guy's

I'am realy Happy it works now for me :)
The problem was the banner, i take * instead of the # and now everything is working

Thanks again for everybody that helped me!
Best Regards

You're never issuing enable, which is why you need autoenable 0.  Post the same output with autoenable 0.

Sent from handheld

Hy,