[rancid] vs nexus5596 and port-profile
Arne Larsen
2014-10-02 11:36:16 UTC
Hi all.

Can someone give me a hint what to do.

We are using port-profiles on the nexus boxes, but the output from show
running are missing characters.

How can I add a command like show port-profile to nx-rancid, or how can
I get around the missing number of characthers

/Arne
Dan Anderson
2014-10-02 17:24:07 UTC
I'm guessing that you mean switch-profiles, as those commands aren't always
in the running config. Port-profiles should be visible, although ports
using them would only have an "inherit port-profile" line in place of all
of the inherited configuration.

The very quick and dirty way would be to edit nxrancid and find the line
that says:

{'show running-config' => 'WriteTerm'},

and add a line above it similar to:

{'show running-config switch-profile' => 'WriteTerm'},

A cleaner approach would be to clone the WriteTerm sub in the nxrancid to
something like WriteTermSwitchProfile and call that, making sure to change
the:

return(-1) if (/\% Invalid command at /);

line to

return(1) if (/\% Invalid command at /);

to accommodate switches that don't take that command. You could also clean
up all of the username/snmp matches in that config, as most of that can't
be replicated to other switches via the switch-profile.

HTH