[rancid] Rancid-Run question and CVS
Ball, Jeff
2009-04-16 20:46:31 UTC
Hello - I had to rebuild a box that I inherited, and have installed and
configured rancid for tracking changes to my netscreen firewalls.

Everything is working, except that when I execute rancid-run, the
versions are updated automagically. On my old box, I executed
rancid-run, then CVS separately, and committed each change with
comments.

How do I keep rancid-run from doing the commit automatically, and allow
me to update each config with CVS commit?

Thanks
john heasley
2009-04-16 21:03:20 UTC
Post by Ball, Jeff
Hello - I had to rebuild a box that I inherited, and have installed and
configured rancid for tracking changes to my netscreen firewalls.
Everything is working, except that when I execute rancid-run, the
versions are updated automagically. On my old box, I executed
rancid-run, then CVS separately, and committed each change with
comments.
How do I keep rancid-run from doing the commit automatically, and allow
me to update each config with CVS commit?
someone altered those scripts. there is no way to do that out of the
box, except creating a rogue cvs executable that does nothing and
pointing rancid-run's PATH at it.
Peter Serwe
2009-04-16 21:20:42 UTC
Apparently I haven't been sending my replies to the list, duhhh.

Peter

Hello - I had to rebuild a box that I inherited, and have installed and
configured rancid for tracking changes to my netscreen firewalls.
Everything is working, except that when I execute rancid-run, the
versions are updated automagically. On my old box, I executed
rancid-run, then CVS separately, and committed each change with
comments.
How do I keep rancid-run from doing the commit automatically, and allow
me to update each config with CVS commit?
someone altered those scripts. there is no way to do that out of the
box, except creating a rogue cvs executable that does nothing and
pointing rancid-run's PATH at it.
I would completely be the guy to ask the potentially silly question of why
you wouldn't want to increment the repo every time rancid detects a change?

I would personally, (and there for would think you would) want to
capture every single revision.

Peter
--