[rancid] Greater than -sign in Juniper configs
Pulliainen Teemu
2009-09-09 10:10:20 UTC
Hi all,

Rancid has been missing some config changes in one of our Juniper (Netscreen) firewalls. While checking it out, I noticed that the configuration fetcher script seems to quit whenever it reaches a firewall policy with a > sign in the description field.

Removing the greater than -signs from the configuration seems to have fixed the issue.

Best regards,
Teemu Pulliainen
john heasley
2009-09-09 17:20:23 UTC
Post by Pulliainen Teemu
Hi all,
Rancid has been missing some config changes in one of our Juniper (Netscreen) firewalls. While checking it out, I noticed that the configuration fetcher script seems to quit whenever it reaches a firewall policy with a > sign in the description field.
Removing the greater than -signs from the configuration seems to have fixed the issue.
This shouldnt be. Please ensure that you are running the most recent version
of rancid. If it still occurs, please send the output of jrancid -dl rtrname
to me.