[rancid] Rancid -question
Jayaraj, Chandrasekaran
2007-06-27 10:40:31 UTC
Hi All ,

Rancid does the comparison with the running config on the router . Is
there a way to make it compare only using the startup configs ?

warm regards,
-----
Chandrasekaran J

Senior Technical Analyst, Network Center of Excellence,

This email is confidential. If you are not the addressee tell the sender immediately and destroy this email
without using, sending or storing it. Emails are not secure and may suffer errors, viruses, delay,
interception and amendment. Standard Chartered PLC and subsidiaries ("SCGroup") do not accept liability for
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.
Lance
2007-06-27 17:36:13 UTC
Chandrasekaran,

Maybe I am crazy, but I would think you would just need to make a small
adjustment to the code so it will run a show start. If I am right it
would be a simple piece of code.

Maybe even make a copy of RANCIDs script but alter it and change the
show run/write term, to show start. But remember want to remove any of
the old command reference to show run/write term. otherwise you will get
both.

-Lance
damage caused by this email and may monitor email traffic.<hr>_______________________________________________
Austin Schutz
2007-06-27 17:40:50 UTC
Post by Jayaraj, Chandrasekaran
Hi All ,
Rancid does the comparison with the running config on the router . Is
there a way to make it compare only using the startup configs ?
Where the code says

{'show running-config' => 'WriteTerm'},

in rancid.in change it to startup-config. There is no rancid
configuration to support this without modifying the code.

Austin
Lance Vermilion