[rancid] fix for overly long asa banner
Lee
2011-06-02 01:00:52 UTC
If you've got a banner long enough to cause the <-- More --> prompt on
an ASA then rancid is unable to grab the config.

fix is to deal with the <-- More --> prompt a bit after (my) line 455 in clogin:

# Here we get a little tricky. There are several possibilities:
# the router can ask for a username and passwd and then
# talk to the TACACS server to authenticate you, or if the
# TACACS server is not working, then it will use the enable
# passwd. Or, the router might not have TACACS turned on,
# then it will just send the passwd.
# if telnet fails with connection refused, try ssh

expect {
send " " ;# -LR-
exp_continue } ;# -LR-

Regards,