[rancid] Unable to run clogin due to CISCO_USER issue.
Russ Thompson
2010-09-27 19:47:59 UTC
When running clogin, getting the following error:

clogin: line 87: syntax error near unexpected token `('

clogin: line 87: `if {[ info exists $env(CISCO_USER) ]} {'

Rancid is working fine, however clogin cannot be used for testing
purposes, searching yields no results.

Thanks,

Russ
Mathias Wolkert
2010-09-28 08:39:59 UTC
Hi all

I'm new to rancid and have an issue.
All ciscos, quaggas and brocades are working as expected and I'm very happy.
Unfortunately I have a bunch of procurves and can't get them in line.

I run debian lenny and the provided package rancid-core-2.3.2~a8-4.
I just dl:ed rancid-2.3.5.tar.gz, compiled and tried the fresher hlogin with same result.

It logs in alright but hangs after the license banner and the "Press any key to continue"
with the prompt "hostname>" until it times out.

Google has not given me any help but my fingers are fairly big...

Any help is much appreciated.

/Tias
john heasley
2010-09-28 23:12:57 UTC
Post by Mathias Wolkert
Hi all
I'm new to rancid and have an issue.
All ciscos, quaggas and brocades are working as expected and I'm very happy.
Unfortunately I have a bunch of procurves and can't get them in line.
I run debian lenny and the provided package rancid-core-2.3.2~a8-4.
I just dl:ed rancid-2.3.5.tar.gz, compiled and tried the fresher hlogin with same result.
and updated hpuifilter?
Mathias Wolkert
2010-10-01 07:28:46 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Mathias Wolkert
Hi all
I'm new to rancid and have an issue.
All ciscos, quaggas and brocades are working as expected and I'm very happy.
Unfortunately I have a bunch of procurves and can't get them in line.
I run debian lenny and the provided package rancid-core-2.3.2~a8-4.
I just dl:ed rancid-2.3.5.tar.gz, compiled and tried the fresher hlogin with same result.
and updated hpuifilter?
Eh, no.
What do I need to do?

john heasley
2010-09-28 23:11:51 UTC
Post by Russ Thompson
clogin: line 87: syntax error near unexpected token `('
clogin: line 87: `if {[ info exists $env(CISCO_USER) ]} {'
Rancid is working fine, however clogin cannot be used for testing
purposes, searching yields no results.
are you setting this environment variable? if so, to what? what
version of expect?