[rancid] migrating servers and cvs
Andrew Meyer
2015-07-31 04:01:00 UTC
Does anyone have any tips on how to migrate the CVS on FreeBSD to a new
FreeBSD. Still have the old 2.3.8 instance going and would like to keep
all the old configs.

Eventually I will move it all to subversion or git...

Thanks,

Andrew Meyer
Nick Hilliard
2015-07-31 10:18:01 UTC
On 31/07/2015 05:01, Andrew Meyer wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips on how to migrate the CVS on FreeBSD to a new
> FreeBSD. Still have the old 2.3.8 instance going and would like to keep
> all the old configs.

cp?

Nick
Andrew Meyer
2015-07-31 13:05:10 UTC
I wasn't sure if there was a cvs backup command or something...

Andrew Meyer
***@gmail.com
***@tsg2.com
314-266-4837

Andrew Meyer
2015-07-31 13:05:42 UTC
i've been researching it for a about a day and figured I would ask. for
other options.

Andrew Meyer
***@gmail.com
***@tsg2.com
314-266-4837

David Jones
2015-07-31 13:16:46 UTC
I recently moved to a new Rancid server using CVS and it's pretty simple. Tar up or cp the CVS repo dir and move it over. I wanted to move the previous CVS data into an "archive" directory to start fresh since some of the CVS files were getting very large and sluggish to load. It turned out to be pretty simple to zap the CVS config files (Entries and *,v) with sed to move the files into the "archive" subdir.

________________________________
i've been researching it for a about a day and figured I would ask. for other options.

Andrew Meyer
***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>
***@tsg2.com<mailto:***@tsg2.com>
314-266-4837

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Andrew Meyer <***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>> wrote:
I wasn't sure if there was a cvs backup command or something...

Andrew Meyer
***@gmail.com<mailto:***@gmail.com>
***@tsg2.com<mailto:***@tsg2.com>
314-266-4837<tel:314-266-4837>

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 5:18 AM, Nick Hilliard <***@foobar.org<mailto:***@foobar.org>> wrote:
On 31/07/2015 05:01, Andrew Meyer wrote:
> Does anyone have any tips on how to migrate the CVS on FreeBSD to a new
> FreeBSD. Still have the old 2.3.8 instance going and would like to keep
> all the old configs.

cp?

Nick