[rancid] Help on new devices
Andrea
2009-05-14 12:44:35 UTC
Hi all !! I'm new to this list so, first of all, NICE MEETENG YOU ALL!!

...I've just installed RANCID and i find it really useful !!

..I'm the network admin of a distributed Net in which, unfortunately, i
have to mantain and admin Cisco appliances, Enterasys swithces, 3COM
switches and also Allied Telesyn swithces..

So i'm asking for hints or help in understanding if it's possible ( and
HOW ) to use RANCID to get and mantain the config og Enterasys, 3COM ad
AT Switches..

Thanks a lot in advance !!

--Andrea
Jethro R Binks
2009-05-14 13:42:43 UTC
Post by Andrea
..I'm the network admin of a distributed Net in which, unfortunately, i
have to mantain and admin Cisco appliances, Enterasys swithces, 3COM
switches and also Allied Telesyn swithces..
What models of 3Com?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
john heasley
2009-05-16 00:28:01 UTC
Post by Andrea
Hi all !! I'm new to this list so, first of all, NICE MEETENG YOU ALL!!
...I've just installed RANCID and i find it really useful !!
..I'm the network admin of a distributed Net in which, unfortunately, i
have to mantain and admin Cisco appliances, Enterasys swithces, 3COM
switches and also Allied Telesyn swithces..
So i'm asking for hints or help in understanding if it's possible ( and
HOW ) to use RANCID to get and mantain the config og Enterasys, 3COM ad
AT Switches..
i dont know anything about enterasys, but a script is in the dist that
supports their SSR (?) product.

in general, if they act like the cisco/juniper cli, it can work pretty
easily. if its like the hp, its a bit more painful. the cli is the
key.