[rancid] Rancid and Riverbed WAN Accelerators
Earle Kirkland
2010-08-05 23:37:10 UTC
I'm a RANCID newbie and have most of my devices working under RANCID. I'm stuck on the riverbed steelhead appliance. I have search the archives and found rblogin but am unsure how to incorporate it into RANCID. Has anyone gotten the Riverbed WAN accelerators to work. Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Earle W. Kirkland Jr.|Sr. Systems Administrator|bebe Inc.| | * ***@bebe.com<mailto:***@bebe.com>
- Factum Non Verbum -
Bill Jacqmein
2010-08-06 01:33:49 UTC
Earle,

The following post provides the basics for any script:
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-April/003817.html

rblogin from the achives covers step 1 and 2
3 -- Add your new device type to rancid-fe
elsif ($vendor =~ /^riverbed$/i) { exec('rbrancid', $router); }
4 -- Setup the new devices in router.db using your new device type
shaggie.shrubbery.net:riverbed:up

Pretty much match was it already done and you should be pretty much set.

Thanks,

Bill