[rancid] Two Cisco device's on one WAN IP
Nathan Burgerhout
2014-09-05 12:40:06 UTC
Hello everyone,

I hope that I'm in the right place to ask this.

Recently I installed Rancid so that I can backup the Cisco devices from my
customers. I have it working for one device. The second device can only be
accessed by using SSH from the first Cisco to the second Cisco.

Rancid Server at work --> Internet --> Cisco A --> Cisco B

Is this possible to do? The example in the link below is for a network
where the Rancid server is local which isn't the case for me, but it looks
like I could use the usercmd method.

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2008-September/003274.html

Regards,
Nathan
Nathan Burgerhout
2014-09-05 18:07:36 UTC
Thank you Bob.

I tried to do this, but it didn't work. It just stops at the point where it
types the seconds SSH. The problem could be that my Cisco's authenticate
through a Tacacs+ server. I'm going to try some more. At least I'm going in
the right direction.

---
Nathan
Nathan,
If it's any help, this is how we do it. We have many devices fitting this
exact scenario and it seems to work reasonably well.
The configuration is a bit more involved in the .cloginrc file, but not
overly complicated.
Bob.
Nathan
Bob B
2014-09-05 18:43:28 UTC
Can you post your sanitized .cloginrc stanza?

I'll compare it to what I have and see if anything stands out.

BB
Nathan
Nathan Burgerhout
2014-09-09 14:40:40 UTC
See below for the .cloginrc config that I use now.

.cloginrc:

# Customer_A SSH login
# Router 01
add method Customer_A01 ssh telnet
add user Customer_A01 {rancid}
add password Customer_A01 {&g584g&agdf$VF$%*(#FHGFukt} {&^4g578$V784v78$*}

# Router 02 behind router 01
add method Customer_A02 {usercmd}
add user Customer_A02 {sadmin}
add password Customer_A02 {SecretPassword} {SecretPassword}
add usercmd Customer_A02 {/usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin} {Customer_A01}
{SecretPassword}
add usercmd_chat Customer_A02 {>} {ssh 10.0.0.253} {3kopjes} {10.0.0.253}

# General Login
add user * {rancid}
add password * {&g584g&agdf$VF$%*(#FHGFukt} {&^4g578$V784v78$*}
add method * ssh telnet

*J. Burgerhout*
Krimpen aan den IJssel
Tel. (06) 83080710
Web. www.xentux.com/jonathan
Nathan
Nathan Burgerhout
2014-10-24 10:33:31 UTC
Hello,

Tried different options, but I'm still stuck at this point. Can anyone help
me solve this last problem?
My new .cloginrc and output are bellow.

.cloginrc:
add method site02-redirected ssh telnet
add user site02-redirected sadmin
add password site02-redirected {boterkoek23}

add method site02 {usercmd}
add user site02 sadmin
add password site02 {boterkoek23} {boterkoek23}
add usercmd site02 {/usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin} {-noenable}
{site02-redirected}
add usercmd_chat site02 {site-rt01>} {ssh -l sadmin 10.0.0.29\r}
{boterkoek23} {}
#add autoenable {01}
#add enableprompt site02 {boterkoek23}
#add usercmd_chat kogros02 {site-rt02>} {enable\r} {boterkoek23\r}

Output of ./clogin site02:
***@LNX01:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$ ./clogin site02
site02
spawn /usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin -noenable site02-redirected
site02-redirected
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l sadmin site02-redirected
Password:
site-rt01>ssh -l sadmin 10.0.0.29

site-rt01>ssh -l sadmin 10.0.0.29
Password:
% Password: timeout expired!
[Connection to 10.0.0.29 aborted: error status 0]
site-rt01>exit

Timeout in usercmd_chat waiting for -re boterkoek23: punting with CR

site-rt01>boterkoek23
Translating "boterkoek23"...domain server (255.255.255.255)

% Bad IP address or host name
% Unknown command or computer name, or unable to find computer address
site-rt01>boterkoek23
% Bad IP address or host name
% Unknown command or computer name, or unable to find computer address
site-rt01>enable
Password:
site-rt01#
site-rt01#exit
Connection to site02-redirected closed by remote host.
Connection to site02-redirected closed.
***@LNX01:/usr/lib/rancid/bin$

---
Nathan
Post by Nathan Burgerhout
See below for the .cloginrc config that I use now.
# Customer_A SSH login
# Router 01
add method Customer_A01 ssh telnet
add user Customer_A01 {rancid}
add password Customer_A01 {&g584g&agdf$VF$%*(#FHGFukt} {&^4g578$V784v78$*}
# Router 02 behind router 01
add method Customer_A02 {usercmd}
add user Customer_A02 {sadmin}
add password Customer_A02 {boterkoek23} {boterkoek23}
add usercmd Customer_A02 {/usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin} {Customer_A01}
{boterkoek23}
add usercmd_chat Customer_A02 {>} {ssh 10.0.0.253} {boterkoek23}