[rancid] Control_rancid -t not found
François DEBRY
2015-10-15 09:56:18 UTC
Hello,

I have this log in var/logs/devicetype.xxxxx :

/opt/rancid/bin/control_rancid: 642: /opt/rancid/bin/control_rancid: -t:
not found

I haven't receive a config diff by e-mail and control_rancid wasn't
modified.

The fact that I have this log he can prevent the sending the diff by
e-mail ?

How to solve this problem ?

Plateform : Rancid 3.2

Regards,
François
heasley
2015-10-15 16:46:31 UTC
Post by François DEBRY
not found
i suspect that the configure script did not find the sendmail executable or
you have improperly overridden SENDMAIL in your rancid.conf. control_rancid
checks the value around line 131.
heasley
2015-10-16 07:14:49 UTC
In control_rancid, line 131 is "SENDMAIL=${SENDMAIL:=sendmail};" but I
use postfix.
postfix has a sendmail binary for compatability.

Check PATH in rancid.conf; make sure it includes the path to sendmail.