[rancid] Cisco 2951 - empty file
Wiethoff, Helge
2013-08-27 16:02:17 UTC

i am using rancid with different vendors (HP, Allied Telesyn, Microsens) and had no problem so far... But now i have a problem with a "standard" cisco 2951 device. I am always getting an empty configuration file...

Anyone an idea? I edited the rancid-script (because it wasnt working with the orignal script neither) in the way, that only valid commands are executed.

Thanks,
Helge

***@server:~> rancid -d -l router.local
executing clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show env all;show flash;dir /all nvram:;dir /all bootflash:;show controllers;show diag;show inventory raw;show vtp status;show vlan-switch;show running-config;write term" router.local
executing clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show env all;show flash;dir /all nvram:;dir /all bootflash:;show controllers;show diag;show inventory raw;show vtp status;show vlan-switch;show running-config;write term" router.local
PROMPT MATCH: router.local#
HIT COMMAND: router.local#show version
In ShowVersion: router.local#show version
TYPE = CISCO2951/K9
HIT COMMAND: router.local#show env all
In ShowEnv: router.local#show env all
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show flash
In ShowFlash: router.local#show flash
HIT COMMAND:router.local#dir /all nvram:
In DirSlotN: router.local#dir /all nvram:
HIT COMMAND:router.local#dir /all bootflash:
In DirSlotN: router.local#dir /all bootflash:
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show controllers
In ShowContAll: router.local#show controllers
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show diag
In ShowDiag: router.local#show diag
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show inventory raw
In ShowInventory: router.local#show inventory raw
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show vtp status
In ShowVTP: router.local#show vtp status
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show vlan-switch
In ShowVLAN: router.local#show vlan-switch
HIT COMMAND:router.local#show running-config
In WriteTerm: router.local#show running-config
HIT COMMAND:router.local#write term
In WriteTerm: router.local#write term
Done : router.local#exit

***@server:~> ll
-rw-r--r-- 1 rancid rancid 0 27. Aug 17:51 router.local.new

________________________________
Helge Wiethoff
Medienzentrum

Telefon: +49 (234) 968 8717
Fax: +49 (234) 968 3453
E-Mail: ***@tfh-bochum.de

Technische Fachhochschule Georg Agricola
für Rohstoff, Energie und Umwelt zu Bochum
Staatlich anerkannte Fachhochschule der
DMT-Gesellschaft für Lehre und Bildung mbH
Herner Straße 45
44787 Bochum
http://www.tfh-bochum.de
________________________________
Träger: DMT-Gesellschaft für Lehre und Bildung mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bochum
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bochum
Handelsregister: B 4052

Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Kretschmann (Vo
Alan McKinnon
2013-08-27 16:11:34 UTC
What's in the log files?

$RANCID_DIR/var/log/

that usually shows the result of what rancid thought it should do.
Failing that you can run

rancid -d <hostname>

Assuming your rancid parser script is called "rancid" (the default)
Hi,
***@gmail.com
Wiethoff, Helge
2013-08-27 16:54:14 UTC
Post by Wiethoff, Helge
I am always getting an empty configuration file...
I had to set NOPIPE=YES in my environment... :-)

Thanks,
Helge
________________________________
Helge Wiethoff
Medienzentrum

Telefon: +49 (234) 968 8717
Fax: +49 (234) 968 3453
E-Mail: ***@tfh-bochum.de

Technische Fachhochschule Georg Agricola
für Rohstoff, Energie und Umwelt zu Bochum
Staatlich anerkannte Fachhochschule der
DMT-Gesellschaft für Lehre und Bildung mbH
Herner Straße 45
44787 Bochum
http://www.tfh-bochum.de
Träger: DMT-Gesellschaft für Lehre und Bildung mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bochum
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bochum
Handelsregister: B 4052

Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Jürgen Kretschmann (Vorsitzender)
Man