[rancid] I felt welcomed!
Wagner Pereira
2010-03-08 12:20:10 UTC
Hi, everyone.

I am glad to be here. I hope I can learn with you about Rancid.

I have many switch vendors brands here (Foundry, Cisco, Juniper and
Extreme) and, as I can see, Rancid is the best option to manage their
configurations.

I am reading, right now, the README file.

I've already installed the Rancid 2.3.2 version and now what? What's next?

Thanks for any help.
--
Wagner Pereira

PoP-SP/RNP - Ponto de Presença da RNP em São Paulo
CCE/USP - Centro de Computação Eletrônica da Universidade de São Paulo
http://www.pop-sp.rnp.br
Tel. (11) 3091-8901
Wagner Pereira
2010-03-08 17:19:58 UTC
Hi, Lance.

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, this did not useful to me. I tried to follow that, but
now I've been successful following the README file of Rancid 2.3.2

Otherwise, I am stucked in the step 7, according to my last message to
the list.
--
Wagner Pereira

PoP-SP/RNP - Ponto de Presença da RNP em São Paulo
CCE/USP - Centro de Computação Eletrônica da Universidade de São Paulo
http://www.pop-sp.rnp.br
Tel. (11) 3091-8901
Here is one document that was written. It is a little old but still
very useful.
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid