[rancid] New installation not working
Minh Scholes
2015-09-15 19:54:00 UTC
Installed Rancid and SVN on fedora21 host. Tested using clogin and tested
fine.

added host to router.db and ran rancid-run. Immediately moves host to
router.down.
Only output in log is

property 'svn:ignore' set on '.'
property 'svn:ignore' set on 'configs'
Updating '.':
At revision 5.

How to debug why rancid is placing host down? google search so far has
been futile.
Minh Scholes
2015-09-15 22:41:58 UTC
Thanks. All the build help docs I was using used the colon instead of the
semi-colon. that was completely throwing me off.

Now I have to figure out websvn permission issue.......
Alan McKinnon
2015-09-16 06:26:23 UTC
Post by Minh Scholes
Thanks. All the build help docs I was using used the colon instead of
the semi-colon. that was completely throwing me off.
You should ignore most, if not all, rancid HOWTOs out there on the
intertubes. Most of them are flat-out wrong, and outdated.

The docs shipped in the tarball are ideal and contain everything you
need to know
Post by Minh Scholes
Now I have to figure out websvn permission issue.......
Your webserver minimally needs to have read permission to the SVN tree.
Often this entails making the webserver user a member of the rancid
group, and giving read permission on the group for the whole SVN tree
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com