[rancid] FW: ERROR in rancid.......PLZ...Help..............................
Smokeping slt
2010-05-14 12:08:05 UTC
hi

im having problem when connecting to the cisco 1841 router.I configured AAA in this and ssh enable.

i created local user account of priviledge level 15 and password configured.

then i configuerd the vi .cloginrc file like following

add user 192.168.1.1 testuser
add password 192.168.1.1 testpassword testenablepassword
add method 192.168.1.1 ssh

then i test the connection

RANCID ~]$ bin/clogin 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l testuser 192.168.1.1
ssh_rsa_verify: RSA modulus too small: 512 < minimum 768 bits
key_verify failed for server_host_key
Error: Couldn't login: 192.168.1.1

plz be kind enough to help in order to solve this. your responses are highly appriciated

tnx

Smokeping slt
2010-05-14 12:17:18 UTC
hi

im having problem when connecting to the cisco 1841 router.I configured AAA in this and ssh enable.

i created local user account of priviledge level 15 and password configured.

then i configuerd the vi .cloginrc file like following

add user 192.168.1.1 testuser
add password 192.168.1.1 testpassword testenablepassword
add method 192.168.1.1 telnet

then i test the connection

RANCID#bin/clogin 192.168.1.1

192.168.1.1
spawn telnet 192.168.1.1

Trying 10.96.140.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1).
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username: test

Password:
TestRouter#

then i check the config file. but i saw empty file called 192.168.1.1 . no any config inculded with the file .

herewith i attach my log file . plz be kind enough to help me

vi networking.20100514.172830

starting: Fri May 14 17:44:23 IST 2010

hourly config diffs failed: /tmp/.networking.run.lock exists
-rw-r----- 1 rancid netadm 0 May 14 17:28 /tmp/.networking.run.lock

ending: Fri May 14 17:44:23 IST 2010

tnx

Ryan West
2010-05-14 15:13:55 UTC
Smoke,

Difficult to see what's going on there. Clogin is not going to write the file, but you also have a hung process. ps aux | grep rancid and kill the hung process if it's there. Otherwise, you can delete that tmp file so the next cron will run.

Has this installation worked before?

-ryan

________________________________
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.<https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>
Drikus Brits
2010-05-14 15:15:02 UTC
HI,

Using the clogin command will only log you into the router, and won't retrieve and store the configs by itself. That is what the rancid portion does.

Looking below, you need to remove the priviledge level 15 from your user and let rancid log in using the enable command, if not this way , then you need to set your router to autoenable in the .cloginrc file.

Configure your rancid portion next......this will then automagically retrieve and store your configs....

Try this using "rancid-run" once you have set it up......

Regards,

Drikus

“This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by Clicking on this link http://www.vodacom.co.za/legal/email.jsp "
john heasley
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 2:17 PM
hi
im having problem when connecting to the cisco 1841 router.I configured AAA in this and ssh enable.
i created local user account of priviledge level 15 and password configured.
then i configuerd the vi .cloginrc file like following
add user 192.168.1.1 testuser
add password 192.168.1.1 testpassword testenablepassword
add method 192.168.1.1 telnet
you need autoenable set; see cloginrc(5).
^
Ryan West
2010-05-14 15:10:15 UTC
Smoke,

Conf t
Crypto key generate rsa gen mod 2048

Wait.

-ryan

Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.<https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969>
Drikus Brits
2010-05-14 15:10:58 UTC

The problem below is about the SSH keys that was generated on your 1841.

Try to recreate the keys using : crypto key generate rsa modulus 1024

Make sure that you have a domain name set otherwise it will give an error like :

% Please define a domain-name first.

Regards,