[rancid] following problem
hina
2008-09-18 12:30:43 UTC
Hi guys, the configuration you gave to me, is working perfectly..
I can login with a user
and without enable it, try to start the backup ..
BUt .... (of course, there is a "but" )
My network administrator gave us a user (toto) who has the right (level 1/15) to do "show run" and "show start".
so I try, by clogin to test it ..
look by yourself :

$ clogin 10.0.10.XX
scape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Username: toto
Password:
Sw_CCR_1>show start
Using 3319 out of 32768 bytes
!
line con 0
exec-timeout 0 0
line vty 0 4
password XXXXXXXX
login XOXO
line vty 5 15
password XXXXXXXX
login XIXI
!
end

Sw_CCR_1>show run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 13 bytes
!
!
!
!
end

Sw_CCR_1>
The show run doesnt show any thing.. The show start is working.
What is missing ? Which else binary are use during the show run. Can you help me again ?
Many thx
hina
Chris Gauthier
2008-09-18 16:32:28 UTC
This sounds more like a permissions issue since clogin isn't running the
commands rancid does. Try just logging in without using clogin and see
if the same show commands work the same way. If they do, it's not a
rancid problem at all (as I suspect).

Chris

hina
Chris Gauthier
2008-09-19 15:58:08 UTC
I was not referring to file permissions. I was referring to the
permissions given to your account (toto) on the network device by your
network administrator. This does not sound like a problem with rancid
at all, in my opinion.

Chris

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 09:32:28AM -0700, Chris Gauthier wrote:
Hi Chris
Do you know which binaries are used by rancid-run , to check the
permissions ?
Many thanks
hina