[rancid] Email doesnt show which user made the changes
Ryta Kashemire
2015-12-11 09:35:24 UTC
Hello

I have managed to configure rancid to send me an email when any changes are
made on my router...However it doesn’t show which user made the
change...How can i get that done

Ritah
Alan McKinnon
2015-12-11 10:18:07 UTC
Post by Ryta Kashemire
Hello
I have managed to configure rancid to send me an email when any changes
are made on my router...However it doesn’t show which user made the
change...How can i get that done
You can't do it in rancid, because that information is not present in
"show run" or equivalent for your devices.

Typically once you have a change that you want to investigate, you'd
look further in syslog or the tacacs accounting logs.

/alanm
Ryta Kashemire