[rancid] Rancid 2.3.8 with f5 11.5 and partitions
Annie Lee
2014-12-10 01:09:59 UTC
Hi experts,

I'm trying to include F5 (v11.5 with partitions) into my newly installed
2.3.8 rancid, searched for few days but cant find a detailed steps. (only
found bits and pieces, tried and not working)
Can anyone be kind enough to assist me ??

1. Apply 2.3.8 patch ? How ?
2. Update the f5rancid file from github ?
3. amend the router.db file to include the f5 devices
4. rancid-run

Thanks in advance.
Annie Lee
2014-12-11 02:11:56 UTC
Hi All,

Managed to get it work already :-)
But might need additional help as we configured partitions and i snmp v3
and always get the diff emails for the snmpv3 encrypted password.
Is there any fine-tuning can be done to ignore that ??

* sys-contact "Network Administrator" sys-location "US"
traps { i10_1_1_1_1 {- auth-password-encrypted
",***@T9LNVL`KXjE<4TZVKW63;`4S>GYOiD\\\?ac;q7\\]CT=b"+
auth-password-encrypted
(VY9P=bgmYeP>dSQ\?E]***@p68RHW8.KeNV2/sVP3g auth-protocol
sha host 10.1.1.1- privacy-password-encrypted
AbX>2F2H=***@snS=>e`@f5_X_^MA7R@[3dm:Eg[[[.NTmE2d+
privacy-password-encrypted
MY*WZCNWVD>:VV9k8NBAiXKFH>^V>3vJOT7fMQF2)5apl5=
privacy-protocol des*

Thanks..

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Michael Sloan <
Hi –
We have several F5 devices running 11.4 here, and the only real issues I
encountered was finding a suitable F5 script, as the one installed here
when I started a year ago did not have v11 support. Aside from that, it was
pretty much like adding any other device to rancid – edit the router.db and
specify the device type as ‘f5’. If you don’t have the v11 scripts for F5,
I can send them to you, The obvious difference is the v10 F5 commands all
start with ‘bigpipe’ (e.g. bigpipe profile list), while the v11 commands
start with ‘tmsh’ (e.g. tmsh show sys hardware)
Michael Sloan
Network Systems Programmer II
Northwood Shared Resource Center
Agency for State Technology