[rancid] Dell Switch Rancid 3.1
Jitendra
2015-01-12 00:44:43 UTC
Hello All,

I have recently updated Rancid from 2.3.8 to 3.1 in the hopes to be able
use rancid to get our only Dell Switch configs. It is a dell networking
n4032 10Gb switch.

When I use SMC or Dell config, it fails to past the initial login. I am
assuming it is basically not picking up the User: command prompt?

This is what I get when I do a debug mode for hlogin.

parent: waiting for sync byte
parent: telling child to go ahead
parent: now unsynchronized from child
spawn: returns {7080}
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(Connection refused|Secure connection [^
]+ refused|Connection closed by)' is ''. Not usable, disabling the
performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '(Host key not found |The authenticity of host
.* be established).* \(yes/no\)\?' is ''. Not usable, disabling the
performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for 'HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED.*
\(yes/no\)\?' is 'HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED* (yes/no)\?'. Activating
booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for 'HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED[^
]+' is 'HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED*'. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for 'Offending key for .* \(yes/no\)\?' is
'Offending key for * (yes/no)\?'. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for 'Enter passphrase.*: ' is 'Enter passphrase*:
'. Activating booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '([Uu]sername|[Ll]ogin|user name|Login Name):'
is ''. Not usable, disabling the performance booster.
Gate keeper glob pattern for '([Pp]assword|passwd):' is ''. Not usable,
disabling the performance booster.
expect: does "" (spawn_id exp6) match glob pattern "Press any key to
continue"? no
"Enter switch number to connect to or <CR>:"? no
"(Connection refused|Secure connection [^\n\r]+ refused|Connection closed
by)"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"Host is unreachable"? no
"No address associated with name"? no
"(Host key not found |The authenticity of host .* be established).*
\(yes/no\)\?"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED.* \(yes/no\)\?"? Gate "HOST IDENTIFICATION
HAS CHANGED* (yes/no)\?"? gate=no
"HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED[^\n\r]+"? Gate "HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS
CHANGED*"? gate=no
"Offending key for .* \(yes/no\)\?"? Gate "Offending key for * (yes/no)\?"?
gate=no
expect: does "" (spawn_id exp6) match glob pattern "unknown host\r"? no
expect: does "" (spawn_id exp6) match regular expression "Enter
passphrase.*: "? Gate "Enter passphrase*: "? gate=no
"([Uu]sername|[Ll]ogin|user name|Login Name):"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes
re=no
"([Pp]assword|passwd):"? (No Gate, RE only) gate=yes re=no
"#"? no
"denied"? no
"% Bad passwords"? no

Any ideas as to how to fix this? Funny thing is .clogin works fine...though
dllogin and hlogin refuse to. As far as what I can see, the perl script for
hlogin is mostly identical when fetching for statements.?

Regards,
Jit
heasley
2015-01-12 03:24:21 UTC
Post by Jitendra
Any ideas as to how to fix this? Funny thing is .clogin works fine...though
dllogin and hlogin refuse to. As far as what I can see, the perl script for
hlogin is mostly identical when fetching for statements.?
there is no input from the device in your dllogin clip.