[rancid] Dell Switches
Anthony Trummer
2010-03-15 18:15:57 UTC
I've added the Ricky Ninja's dlogin and drancid and modified rancid-fe
to match Ricky's but I'm still unable to get it to pick up my dell
switches.

dlogin seems to work ok by itself.

I did add : 'dell' => 'drancid', in rancid-fe, but get
this in the logs:

Trying to get all of the configs.
exec failed router manufacturer dell: No such file or directory
=====================================

Any help is appreciated.
Ron Whitney
2010-03-15 20:16:25 UTC
Post by Anthony Trummer
I did add : 'dell' => 'drancid', in rancid-fe,
Two quick thoughts. First, I used the following in rancid-fe:
"dell" => "drancid dlogin",

Second, make sure dlogin and drancid are both in the ~/bin (i.e.
/usr/local/rancid/bin) and that both have the execute permission set:

Chmod +x dlogin
Chmod +x drancid

This is working fine for my PC6024 and PC6224 switches. Good luck.

Ron
Anthony Trummer
2010-03-15 20:25:46 UTC
Thanks, turns out someone did two installs in different paths. I of
course was using the wrong one. My error has changed to a syntax error,
but hopefully I can track that down.
Post by Ron Whitney
Post by Anthony Trummer
I did add : 'dell' => 'drancid', in rancid-fe,
"dell" => "drancid dlogin",
Second, make sure dlogin and drancid are both in the ~/bin (i.e.
Chmod +x dlogin
Chmod +x drancid
This is working fine for my PC6024 and PC6224 switches. Good luck.
Ron
Anthony Trummer | Network Engineer
o 818.274.0260 ext 1228 |
21700 Oxnard Street | Suite 1500 | Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/reachlocal
View our Success Stories | Sample Reports