[rancid] mtlogin script error
Michael W. Lucas
2012-03-15 23:28:44 UTC

Following the newest RouterOS upgrades, RANCID is having trouble
getting router info.

If I try a single command with clogin -c"command" hostname, the
connection works, but the logout fails. "exit" is no longer a valid
logout command on RouterOS; only "quit" works.

Is there a way to easily switch the logout command?

I've appended my clogin output below. The "mikrotiklogin.sh" script is just:

#!/bin/sh
exec ssh -p 2222 $@

Thanks,
==ml

% clogin -t 15 -c"system license print" barn
barn
spawn /usr/local/scripts/microtiklogin.sh -c 3des -x -l admin+ct barn
admin+***@barn.lodden.com's password:

MMM MMM KKK TTTTTTTTTTT KKK
MMMM MMMM KKK TTTTTTTTTTT KKK
MMM MMMM MMM III KKK KKK RRRRRR OOOOOO TTT III KKK KKK
MMM MM MMM III KKKKK RRR RRR OOO OOO TTT III KKKKK
MMM MMM III KKK KKK RRRRRR OOO OOO TTT III KKK KKK
MMM MMM III KKK KKK RRR RRR OOOOOO TTT III KKK KKK

MikroTik RouterOS 5.11 (c) 1999-2011 http://www.mikrotik.com/

[***@LODDENTOWER] >
[***@LODDENTOWER] > terminal length 0
bad command name length (line 1 column 10)
[***@LODDENTOWER] > system license print
software-id: 70LA-H4WP
upgradable-to: v6.x
nlevel: 4
features:
[***@LODDENTOWER] >exit
bad command name exit (line 1 column 1)
[***@LODDENTOWER] > ^C%
--
Michael W. Lucas
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/
***@BlackHelicopters.org, Twitter @mwlauthor
bob watson
2012-03-16 01:05:30 UTC
Really easy - in the bottom of the rancid perl code - main loop -
you'll see where it checks for exit - change that to quit!

You will need to change similar entries in the login expect script.

Cheers

Bob
Hi,
heasley
2012-03-20 22:43:27 UTC
Post by bob watson
Really easy - in the bottom of the rancid perl code - main loop -
you'll see where it checks for exit - change that to quit!
You will need to change similar entries in the login expect script.
the original from Chris Boot that is in the current dist already uses
quit.

JP Viljoen
2012-03-16 05:51:22 UTC
On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 19:28:44 -0400, "Michael W. Lucas"
Post by Michael W. Lucas
Hi,
Following the newest RouterOS upgrades, RANCID is having trouble
getting router info.
<snip>

Hi

Not that I can really help with this issue directly, but I've recently
written a post covering another method for using Rancid with Mikrotik
routers. You can find it here:
http://blog.froztbyte.net/2012/03/mikrotik-and-rancid/.

-J