[rancid] Changing Device Type
John Heyer
2008-01-27 06:35:51 UTC
I have a fairly simple problem, although I don't sure how common it is.

We just replaced about 100 Extreme switches with Cisco's, and I've changed
the device type in RANCID accordingly. "clogin <hostname>" works fine,
however RANCID can't do anything for the hosts. My guess is it's trying to
compare the old versions with the new, sees they're 100% different, then
craps out.

We've already archived the old configs so it's fine to blow them away. Is
there a way to completely reset the backend so it's like they never existed?

Thanks so much,

John Heyer

Network Engineer

***@real.com

(206) 892-6578
John Heyer
2008-01-27 07:57:00 UTC
Got it.these were set to use RADIUS and were missing this line:

aaa authorization exec default group radius local

John Heyer

Network Engineer

***@real.com

(206) 892-6578