[rancid] the expect problem
Smith, Aaron
2009-04-04 00:12:49 UTC
Hello everyone, sorry to bother everyone with this, but I'm having a
devil of a time getting around the expect bug...I've tried running the
patch against my system, tried a new install using the posted expect and
tcl from the rancid ftp server, but no luck, I still get the timeout.

Would someone be so kind as to list out a working linux distribution,
version, etc, and as well as if you used the posted source from the
rancid ftp server or somewhere else?

Even if I have to go back several versions, whatever it takes, and I'm
currently using debian 5, but that is no matter, I need to get my rancid
back!!

Thanks

Aaron
Chris Gauthier
2009-04-04 00:30:40 UTC
You should do a search on the archives for my ubuntu patch. I don't
think Ubuntu was patched originally. I am not sure if it is patched
since 8.04LTS.

Chris G.

Aaron
john heasley
2009-04-04 06:59:00 UTC
Post by Smith, Aaron
Hello everyone, sorry to bother everyone with this, but I'm having a
devil of a time getting around the expect bug...I've tried running the
patch against my system, tried a new install using the posted expect and
tcl from the rancid ftp server, but no luck, I still get the timeout.
Would someone be so kind as to list out a working linux distribution,
version, etc, and as well as if you used the posted source from the
rancid ftp server or somewhere else?
use whatever linux you want. get the expect source that matches whatever tcl
you have. apply the patch. make. install. and you're done.

and, besides this being a good idea for all linux folks, other timeouts
can occur, such as mismatched autoenable. i dont recall you having described
the timeout.