[rancid] Fortigate backup fail when # character is present
Gerhard Mourani
2017-05-12 15:16:48 UTC
Hello,

When # characters are present, Fortigate backup fail!
I've to remove all # characters for the backup to successfully complete.

Gerhard,
heasley
2017-05-12 18:31:17 UTC
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Hello,
When # characters are present, Fortigate backup fail!
I've to remove all # characters for the backup to successfully complete.
how is anyone supposed to help you with such limited information? you
havent told us the version of rancid or fortigate s/w, shown us the
error or what you have removed, or the context of where the #s occur
in the output from the device.
Gerhard Mourani
2017-05-12 18:50:08 UTC
Ooops, sorry.

Rancid version: 3.6.2
Fortigate model: 1500
Fortigate version: 5.2

Here, a part of the config where the backup stop.

edit "Web_RIMP_MedEcho"
set uuid 607c4e8a-cae4-53e4-6d10-8a0d7a7980oe
set type fqdn
set comment "C2 # 1182274"
set fqdn "www.prod.xxxx.xxxx.xx.xx"

If I change the comment line for:

set comment "C2 # 1182274"
set comment "C2 1182274"

It will work through the next comment line where the # sign appears again.

Gerhard,
heasley
2017-05-14 22:55:14 UTC
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Ooops, sorry.
Rancid version: 3.6.2
Fortigate model: 1500
Fortigate version: 5.2
Here, a part of the config where the backup stop.
edit "Web_RIMP_MedEcho"
set uuid 607c4e8a-cae4-53e4-6d10-8a0d7a7980oe
set type fqdn
set comment "C2 # 1182274"
set fqdn "www.prod.xxxx.xxxx.xx.xx"
set comment "C2 # 1182274"
set comment "C2 1182274"
It will work through the next comment line where the # sign appears again.
I see the problem; but am not sure of the fix. What does the prompt
normally look like? i have some save output that seems like it is

^hostname [#\$] $

Is this accurate?
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Gerhard,