[rancid] H3C S3600 Figure out prompt
Jeremy Guasco
2010-10-07 14:30:05 UTC

I would like to use Rancid with a H3C S3600 but I have an "Figure out
prompt" error.

Did someone resolve my problem ?

Log :
Getting missed routers: round 4.
can not find channel named "exp6"
while executing
"close"
("foreach" body line 129)
invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
set router [string tolower $router]
send_user "$router\n"

# Figure out prompt.
# Since autoena..."
(file "/usr/lib/rancid/bin/h3clogin" line 657)
192.168.0.193 h3clogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
192.168.0.193: missed cmd(s): display domain,display ftm
topology-database,display current-configuration,display password-control
super,display cluster,dir /all unit2>flash:/,display device
manuinfo,display xrn-fabric,display password-control,display fan,dir
/all unit5>flash:/,display poe temperature-protection,display mirror
all,display lacp sys,display fib,dir /all unit3>flash:/,display poe
powersupply,display device,dir /all unit1>flash:/,display
version,display link-aggregation verbose,display ssh server status,dir
/all unit6>flash:/,display vlan all,display link-aggregation summary,dir
/all unit7>flash:/,dir /all unit4>flash:/,display ip route,display
power,display local-user,display boot-loader,dir /all unit8>flash:/
192.168.0.193: End of run not found

Jeremy
john heasley
2010-10-07 17:28:42 UTC
Post by Jeremy Guasco
Hi,
I would like to use Rancid with a H3C S3600 but I have an "Figure out
prompt" error.
Did someone resolve my problem ?
Getting missed routers: round 4.
can not find channel named "exp6"
this would inidicate that the device of the client (ssh/telnet) closed
prematurely. though that with a timeout is odd; perhaps the script
is closing the channel twice.

if its really hanging on the prompt, try *login -d host
Jethro R Binks
2010-10-07 17:42:19 UTC
Post by john heasley
Post by Jeremy Guasco
Hi,
I would like to use Rancid with a H3C S3600 but I have an "Figure out
prompt" error.
Did someone resolve my problem ?
Getting missed routers: round 4.
can not find channel named "exp6"
this would inidicate that the device of the client (ssh/telnet) closed
prematurely. though that with a timeout is odd; perhaps the script is
closing the channel twice.
if its really hanging on the prompt, try *login -d host
Nothing specific to add, other than please try the attached version of
h3clogin. I fixed various issues with it in recent months, maybe it fixes
this too.

Jethro.
Post by john heasley
Post by Jeremy Guasco
[...]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.
Laurent CARON
2010-10-08 12:20:38 UTC
Post by Jethro R Binks
Nothing specific to add, other than please try the attached version of
h3clogin. I fixed various issues with it in recent months, maybe it fixes
this too.
Hi,

It fails with:
***@camylla:~$ /usr/lib/rancid/bin/h3clogin -f ./.h3clogin 192.168.0.193
": no such file or directory

***@camylla:~$

Any thoughts ?
Jethro R Binks
2010-10-08 12:38:11 UTC
Post by Laurent CARON
Post by Jethro R Binks
Nothing specific to add, other than please try the attached version of
h3clogin. I fixed various issues with it in recent months, maybe it fixes
this too.
Hi,
": no such file or directory
": no such file or directory
Check the path to expect on the first #! line? Compare with the usual
clogin etc.

J.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Scotland, number SC015263.
Laurent CARON
2010-10-08 12:41:06 UTC
Post by Jethro R Binks
Post by Laurent CARON
Post by Jethro R Binks
Nothing specific to add, other than please try the attached version of
h3clogin. I fixed various issues with it in recent months, maybe it fixes
this too.
Hi,
": no such file or directory
": no such file or directory
Check the path to expect on the first #! line? Compare with the usual
clogin etc.
***@camylla:~$ grep bin /usr/lib/rancid/bin/h3clogin
#! /usr/bin/expect --
***@camylla:~$ grep bin /usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin