[rancid] cisco fsm login
derek stewart
2008-02-28 04:29:45 UTC
I need to login to a cisco fsm and run a command; session slot 1 proc 1. Whats the easiest way to do this?

-derek

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Lance Vermilion
2008-02-28 13:54:00 UTC
After you session do you have to login again? If not you could always
to the following from the cli using If that works like a charm then
you could easily slightly change the script to run that at the
beginning for a new type of device. If I get around to getting time I
could probably help if it is really simple and not time consuming.

-Lance

clogin -c "session slot 1 proc 1; show run" myfwsm
Sam Munzani

derek stewart
2008-02-29 02:32:56 UTC
I wish, but the company i work for is high profile and this would not be allowed. I guess i will start with the "clogin -c "session slot 1 proc 1; show run" myfwsm" and see if i can figure it out.

Thanks for everyones help,
Derek

Eric Cables
2008-02-29 04:47:46 UTC
What does being high profile have to do with not being able to SSH into a
FWSM? How is that any different than SSH'ng into the 6500, and then
sessioning into the FWSM? The FWSM has the same mechanisms in place for
restricting source management stations as a 6500 does.

I'm sure it's none of my business, but it has sparked my curiosity. Does
this policy apply to all firewalls in your network, or only FWSMs?