[rancid] HP 1920
Michael Newton
2015-10-15 23:31:30 UTC
Wondering if anything ever came of this effort? We recently had to take over management of some of these switches and would like to get the configs saved to RANCID. Thanks!

Mike

I've done some experimental work on this with rancid 3, at the moment it
relies on some changes to core rancid which I need to think through and
feedback to the project, and I haven't looked at it in a while. I know I
won't get a chance to do so for a while yet either unfortunately.

For the record, this is an HP Comware switch, but is one of a set of
models that has a fairly useless limited CLI, unless you enter the secret
command and magic code to enable access to the full CLI, which requires
the special handling.

Jethro.
Hello.
I've got a couple of HP 1920 switches I'd like Rancid to connect to.
/usr/local/libexec/rancid/clogin switch-ufficio.xxxxxxx
switch-ufficio.xxxxxxx
spawn telnet switch-ufficio.xxxxxxx
Trying 192.168.110.10...
Connected to switch-ufficio.xxxxxxx.
Escape character is '^]'.
* Copyright (c) 2010-2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
*
* Without the owner's prior written consent,
*
* no decompiling or reverse-engineering shall be allowed.
*
Login authentication
Username:admin
<Switch Ufficio xxxxxxx>enable
^
% Unrecognized command found at '^' position.
<Switch Ufficio xxxxxxx>^C$
I believe the command "enable" has to be substituted with "_cmdline-mode on",
but found no driver implementing this.
Does such a driver exist?
Anyone using this switch (or any similar one)?
bye & Thanks
av.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.
heasley
2016-01-21 23:31:36 UTC
Post by Michael Newton
Wondering if anything ever came of this effort? We recently had to take over management of some of these switches and would like to get the configs saved to RANCID. Thanks!
I have not touched it; I've never even touched one of these - comware sounds
scary. If folks wanted this support, you will have to provide remote access
to one.