[rancid] Rancid Sending Emails Every 2 Minutes
Jones, Herschel
2017-03-21 13:43:50 UTC
Forgive my newbiness, but hey, I made Rancid work, so that has to say something. Only issue I am having is with Rancid spamming our network group when there is a router down. It emails like it is supposed to, except it does it every ~2 minutes for an hour. That doesn't seem normal to me, but I couldn't find anything online about it or how to change it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Herschel Jones
Systems Administrator
Meridian Brick LLC*

Office: (706) 821-3684
Mobile: (706) 399-5542
Fax: (706) 722-4774
Email: ***@meridianbrick.com<mailto:***@meridianbrick.com>

1630 Arthern Road Augusta Georgia 30901
http://www.meridianbrick.com

* * Meridian Brick, through its affiliated entities Boral Bricks LLC, Forterra Brick, LLC, Forterra Brick Ltd./Briques Forterra Ltee. proudly serves the United States and Canadian markets.
heasley
2017-03-22 04:24:49 UTC
Post by Jones, Herschel
Forgive my newbiness, but hey, I made Rancid work, so that has to say something. Only issue I am having is with Rancid spamming our network group when there is a router down. It emails like it is supposed to, except it does it every ~2 minutes for an hour. That doesn't seem normal to me, but I couldn't find anything online about it or how to change it.
See OLDTIME in rancid.conf(5) and "state" in router.db(%). but, 2 mins is
weird; normally one runs rancid from cron every 1 hour. maybe you have an
MTA problem too.
Jones, Herschel
2017-03-22 12:19:13 UTC

Alan McKinnon
2017-03-22 06:49:12 UTC
Post by Jones, Herschel
Forgive my newbiness, but hey, I made Rancid work, so that has to say
something. Only issue I am having is with Rancid spamming our network
group when there is a router down. It emails like it is supposed to,
except it does it every ~2 minutes for an hour. That doesn’t seem normal
to me, but I couldn’t find anything online about it or how to change it.
What's on your crontab?
--
Alan McKinnon
***@gmail.com