[rancid] Foundry NetIron MLX MR
Gerhard Mourani
2014-12-04 15:31:45 UTC
Hello Guys,

I’ve a small problem with a Foundry NetIron MLX MR device. The backup is made correctly but message related to ‘Uptime’ is reported every time and because of this, I’ve a new backup every 2 hours. I would like to know what I can do to stop this kind of false report.

Here the diff related to the line:
!Switch Fabric Module 1 Up Time is 204 days 10 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds
!Switch Fabric Module 1 Up Time is 204 days 12 hours 17 minutes 13 seconds

Gerhard,
Daniel Schmidt
2014-12-04 16:38:24 UTC
Your francid have something like this?

180 next if (/^(The system |Crash time)/);
181 next if (/^(System|(Active|Standby) Management|LP Slot
\d+|Switch Fabric Module \d+) (uptime|Up Time) is/);
182 # remove uptime on newer switches
183 s/(STACKID \d+)\s+system uptime is.*$/$1/;

(Yer line numbers are probably different because I'm too busy/lazy to
update my Rancid)
Post by Gerhard Mourani
Hello Guys,
I’ve a small problem with a Foundry NetIron MLX MR device. The backup is
made correctly but message related to ‘Uptime’ is reported every time and
because of this, I’ve a new backup every 2 hours. I would like to know what
I can do to stop this kind of false report.
!Switch Fabric Module 1 Up Time is 204 days 10 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds
!Switch Fabric Module 1 Up Time is 204 days 12 hours 17 minutes 13 seconds
Gerhard,
of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.
Gerhard Mourani