[rancid] use rancid via a web interface ??
Christophe Terpreau
2007-10-01 08:25:42 UTC
Hello,

i used rancid to backup all my cisco devices but also a script with
clogin to change local password on them. Is there a way to use this
script with a web interface ??
I would allow other user to start the script to change password but to
be easy it will be on a web interface.

Thx Christophe.
Lance
2007-10-01 15:59:08 UTC
Christophe,

I have not seen anything in regards to this. I have seen one for making
changes to the rancid.conf configuration that is about it.

-lance
Austin Schutz
2007-10-01 16:25:03 UTC
Post by Christophe Terpreau
Hello,
i used rancid to backup all my cisco devices but also a script with
clogin to change local password on them. Is there a way to use this
script with a web interface ??
I would allow other user to start the script to change password but to
be easy it will be on a web interface.
Sure, program it. Learn a useful web interfacing programming language,
such as php.

Austin
Sander Boele
2007-10-02 08:33:30 UTC
Hi, I'm working on a webinterface in PHP/AJAX, progress is slow as can
be as I haven't got much time for this. Maybe I'll post a working
prototype soon if people are interested.

regards,

Sander
Christophe Terpreau

Lance
2007-10-02 15:50:18 UTC
Sander,

Posting back to the list the URL where you will keep the mod will be
most beneficial for everyone that may be interested.

-Lance
Sander Boele
2007-10-02 16:12:09 UTC
Hi, once I have something that works, I will post back.

First functionality I'm going to implement is to allow a user to choose
a system from a drop-down menu and save the config of a device to RANCID
with a CVS comment.

I'll be using xajax with php.

http://www.xajaxproject.org/

cheers,