[rancid] interactive after -x
Jon Lewis
2014-09-12 14:50:34 UTC
I recently had a desire to be able to use the rancid login scripts to run
a series of commands on a large number of devices (altering their
configs), and when finished with the -x command file, rather than exit, go
interactive so that I could do some testing/verification before
disconnecting.

I didn't see that this functionality was offered in the versions we have
installed, so I patched it into flogin and clogin. Assuming I didn't
overlook this functionality already being present, I wonder if the patches
might make it into a future version? My expect is pretty rusty, but it
didn't take much to add a command line switch telling [fc]login to go
interactive after running the -x commands file.

Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route
heasley
2014-09-15 17:39:49 UTC
Post by Jon Lewis
I recently had a desire to be able to use the rancid login scripts to run
a series of commands on a large number of devices (altering their
configs), and when finished with the -x command file, rather than exit, go
interactive so that I could do some testing/verification before
disconnecting.
I didn't see that this functionality was offered in the versions we have
installed, so I patched it into flogin and clogin. Assuming I didn't
overlook this functionality already being present, I wonder if the patches
might make it into a future version? My expect is pretty rusty, but it
didn't take much to add a command line switch telling [fc]login to go
interactive after running the -x commands file.
sure. brownie points if you update all the login scripts and the
documentation.